Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See title.

I'm considering getting a body made for the neck I just picked up, because I love 22 fret guitars, love offset dots, and don't particularly like the S-series shape. So I'd be looking to order an RG body, with the bridge routed for a 22 fret scale.

Since Courtney poofed, and Sims is out, how is ET Guitars? I'd like to order it, and actually have it within a few months. :lol:

Edit: Aw fuck, ET is in Australia. :(

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Dethphone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Yes, but the neck pocket and/or bridge position in relation to the heel will be totally different.

How about Elysian?

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,837 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Dethphone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Yes, but the neck pocket and/or bridge position in relation to the heel will be totally different.

How about Elysian?
Thanks for the faith pal :lol:

And of course. I wasnt implying he could use the same body, i was just saying that the number of frets doesnt have anything to do with scale really.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If I can just bolt it on and have a gap, I'm totally happy with that but I don't think it's the case.

I'm all for paying a luthier to make me an RG body setup for the scale, I just want it within a reasonable amount of fucking time. :lol:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
If I can just bolt it on and have a gap, I'm totally happy with that but I don't think it's the case.

I'm all for paying a luthier to make me an RG body setup for the scale, I just want it within a reasonable amount of fucking time. :lol:
CAD up some templates, buy a bandsaw and router. It'll be faster, cheaper, and less painful, I can almost guarantee :lol:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
CAD up some templates, buy a bandsaw and router. It'll be faster, cheaper, and less painful, I can almost guarantee :lol:
Dude I'm a systems engineer. If I open a CAD program, I'll end up with guitars that connect to all of my existing guitars and pass tone equally throughout the bodies, with the option for me to specify which hz have a higher priority of passing through, in the event that wood-latency ends up attenuating said tones.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Dude I'm a systems engineer. If I open a CAD program, I'll end up with guitars that connect to all of my existing guitars and pass tone equally throughout the bodies, with the option for me to specify which hz have a higher priority of passing through, in the event that wood-latency ends up attenuating said tones.
Sounds like you'd be the perfect engineer for Gibson then.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
So why haven't you fucking started yet? :lol: I'm not taking orders so don't ask me :rofl:

·
Uses more gain than you.
4,377 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.4; U; Series60/5.0 Nokia5800d-1b/40.2.005; Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413)

Can't you just do somethong with a Warmoth Soloist body? If you're gonna do 22frests anyway, no need for the super deep Rg horns... :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
There should be quite a lot in the US, but the best that I know if (that I've dealt with, extensively at that) is Legra Guitars

I've had 2 guitars built by Bob (legra guitars = bob johnson, basically) and they're superb. One of them is RG-ish profile. Superb work.

May take a while though, he's usually backed up a bit.

If you give him your neck dimensions, accurately (or better yet, send the neck to him) then it will be an interference fit.

I'd post pics of one of my legras, but I'm not allowed to post links yet! (I know, I get why, its fine, remind me later if youre interested).

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
There should be quite a lot in the US, but the best that I know if (that I've dealt with, extensively at that) is Legra Guitars

I've had 2 guitars built by Bob (legra guitars = bob johnson, basically) and they're superb. One of them is RG-ish profile. Superb work.

May take a while though, he's usually backed up a bit.

If you give him your neck dimensions, accurately (or better yet, send the neck to him) then it will be an interference fit.

I'd post pics of one of my legras, but I'm not allowed to post links yet! (I know, I get why, its fine, remind me later if youre interested).
:yesway: Thanks man, I'll check him out.

If the RG thing doesn't work out, I can just have him craft me up one of these!

Fine hand made custom built guitars from Legra

:hungus:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Some of his shapes look a bit dodgy somehow, a little lumpy or uneven almost. :scratch:

Granted, I've been spoiled by Darren, KxK, and Sherman's design work.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts