Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
with a Shotgun
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MICROSOOOOOOOOOOOOFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:pissed:

Yeah, that's me right now! Stupidhorsefuckingcumeatingrimjobgivingfuckheadpieceofshitcrapmotherfuckingwhoreconsole!

So here's the story:
A couple of days ago I turned on the xbox again after 700 days, so it told me at least. April 24th to be exact. I preordered GoW3 so I got beta access. Logged on, played and had fun. Then a couple of days later when I wanted to try it some more I got a pop-up that said I needed gold membership to play.

Really annoying when you really want to play, and then suddenly can't. But that's fair enough. I was surprised that I could play without gold membership the first time so there you go.

Anyway, I didn't want to leave my credit-card info on live so I could play right away because when I stopped playing on xbox live some years ago it was pretty much impossible to make microsoft stop drawing money from my account to the live membership. Couldn't unsubscribe online and had to go through this 30 min phone call where I got transfered back and forth and then suddenly got hang up on when I tried to stop the gold membership. I ended up with blocking microsoft from being able to draw anything from my account, and they replied with banning my whole xbox, couldn't even use the silver membership. Got it back after some phone calls though, but this is another story.

Needless to say, I was less than pleased with them at this point.

So today I finally bought a 12-months gold membership redeem code at gamestop. Planned to play GoW1 with some friends. Got home, redeemed the code, my friends there waiting, everyone ready to go and then the piece of shit starts to freeze when I start the game. Happens a couple of times, then it starts to freeze at the startup screen.

Turn it off, then on again, same thing happens, do this like 3 times and boom:

Oh my fucking god, are you fucking serious?!?!

No worries, this isn't the first time this have happened. I do the same thing that solved it the last couple of times it happened. Turning off, unplugging everything, wait a few mins, plug everything back in, and I'm back at the main menu, Woooo! But the thing still freeze when I go into a game, tried several games and the same thing happens. I go through everything on xbox.com, clearing cache, removing harddisc and so on. Nothing helps. The piece of crap needs repairs.

What about the warranty?
I go back online, register the box with serial and everything and....

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!

I'm not going to pay for repair or buy a new fucking xbox for ONE single game! (as far as I know ME3 will be released on PS3).

Now, who wants to bet against that I'm not getting the money back for the 12-months gold membership? Redeemed today ffs!

Like I didn't hate the fact that you have to pay to play online on the xbox enough already. In fact, that's the main reason I've let the 360 collect dust while I've been playing PS3.

Not to mention, I've pre-ordered a game I can't play :mad:

/rant

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

The unreliability of the xbox is exactly why I bought a ps3 instead. I currently have two broken xbox in my garage. But my ps3 I've not had a single problem with the hardware (the software is another problem altogether :lol:

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Like I didn't hate the fact that you have to pay to play online on the xbox enough already. In fact, that's the main reason I've let the 360 collect dust while I've been playing PS3.
Hows that free PS3 online thing working out for you? What with the identity theft and not being up for over a week and all?

·
Squirrel...
3,157 Posts
I thought you loved everything Apple? If you don't, then your user info and avatar are very misleading. :nono:

I was actually going to buy a new xbox this weekend, after trading in a few games, and redeeming credit card points for a best buy gift card, I'd have like, $150 to put towards a slim that is on sale for $170. :lol:

My current first gen 360 still works perfectly, so maybe that $120 would be better spent on something else. :lol:

·
with a Shotgun
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hows that free PS3 online thing working out for you? What with the identity theft and not being up for over a week and all?
Let me put it this way, if I had the choice of paying $600 (about what I would have to pay for xbox live through the years) to have this not happen on the PS3, I wouldn't.

I think having to pay to play online is bullshit. Not that xbox live is so damn expensive, but it's annoying because I play a game for a couple of hours, then I don't play in some months, then I want to play for a couple of hours again, you know? So it's not worth paying for live all year around just for those few hours every other month. Except when I get a new game, then I play intensely for a couple of days, but I don't buy new games very often, not to the 360 anyway.

·
with a Shotgun
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I called xbox support and got free repair.

Microsoft isn't that bad after all I guess :)

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Having owned both, even with the RROD I'd still take a 360 over PS3. I bought and sold my PS3 within a month :rofl:
Well of course you would. The only thing that would make the 360 better is if you could use your Xoom as a controller. :lol:

·
with a Shotgun
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nintendo is actually having some kind of touch screen controller on their next console.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mjolnir: Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.21992/24.816; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

I shouldn't talk, my gf has an xbox, and I've played a little castle crashers :lol:

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Well of course you would. The only thing that would make the 360 better is if you could use your Xoom as a controller. :lol:
That'd be kind of retarded. No, the only thing that can make the 360 better currently is Forza 4.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
Nintendo is actually having some kind of touch screen controller on their next console.
Heard about that a few weeks ago. It's supposed to be more powerful than 360/ps3 which makes sense since it's supposed to be next gen. can't wait to hear more about it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts