Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Soilwork - The panic broadcast

4K views 42 replies 21 participants last post by  105 
#1 ·
I've been spinning this disc and it fucking owns! I highly recommend it. I havnt liked their last 2 albums either.

#2 ·
I HATE the opener, but the rest of the album is pretty good, and it seems to get better as it goes along. "Let This River Flow," "The Akuma Afterglow," and the intro to "Enter Dog of Pavlov" are all incredible.

The mix, on the other hand... The writing is great, which makes it doubly frustrating. I keep wanting to hear what this would have sounded like with a lusher, more Devin Townsend inspired production. :/

#8 ·
The chorus of Two Lives Worth of Reckoning - exactly my kind of music :agreed:

Having said that, yeah the production blows on this disc. I'm with Drew in that the album is pretty great other than the first track. When you compare the mix with Natural Born Chaos, Figure Number Five, or Stabbing the Drama, it just pales in comparison, which is sad. It saddens me. I'm a cry.

#9 ·
The chorus of Two Lives Worth of Reckoning - exactly my kind of music :agreed:

Having said that, yeah the production blows on this disc. I'm with Drew in that the album is pretty great other than the first track. When you compare the mix with Natural Born Chaos, Figure Number Five, or Stabbing the Drama, it just pales in comparison, which is sad. It saddens me. I'm a cry.

#13 ·
No, the production is not about to top Stabbing the Drama or Gojira's The Way of All Flesh as far as production references goes, but on an overall scale, bad production?
Peter Wichers is a great engineer and Jens Bogren always delivers a pretty damn good quality mix to my mind, and this album is no exception.

Their best album since NBC, for sure.
The leads are so fucking tasty.
The songs are on fire.
Soilwork are back on top of the game as far as I'm concerned.

#33 ·
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4B1 Safari/419.3)

I only have natural born chaos (which fucking sucks)
:lol: Follow the Hollow and As We Speak are awesome! NBC is my favorite Soilwork disc by far. When I first heard AWS it sounded like Dream Theater but with more balls and a killer singer. Love it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.