Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been rocking out to these guys for the last couple days. They fucking rule. The riffs are awesome, their tone is great, the production is great, and while I'm not necessarily into the style of singing, I like how they vary it up between screams and more melodic stuff.

This isn't exactly my perfect sort of metal, but it's pretty damned close. Discuss. :metal:

·
Head of Agile Gestapo
5,675 Posts
Soilwork is awesome.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I liked the direction they decided to go on their last record, and Speed's vocals get better on every record. I'm excited to see what ideas Peter Wichers came up with while he was gone, too.

·
El Kabong
5,037 Posts
Soilwork rocks. I'm not really into the whole melodeath scene, but I make an exception for Soilwork. I didn't like the last album so much (wasn't bad at all, just wasn't up to par with what I generally expect from them), but with Peter back, the next album should be pretty good again.

My A Perfect Circle album has just ended, and now I know what to put on next. :metal:

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
I love Soilwork. Yesterday on the way to work and back, I listened to Figure Number Five and Natural Born Chaos. And the day before that, I listened to Stabbing The Drama. :cool: Maybe I'll listen to another Soilwork album today.

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
Not into the style of singing? Man I think Strid has the best voice in metal at the moment. His clean vocal is super-polished and his heavy vocal is incredibly aggressive. He's got just the right amount of emotion and has a slick delivery.

One thing I find funny about the Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian, etc. metal guys is this though, when they sing their diction is PERFECT English, very American. But then when I hear them talk in interviews or in person they transform into the Swedish chef from the Muppet Show. Verdy, herdy, gurdy, burdy, purdy, oh hohohohoho! :rofl:

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Not into the style of singing? Man I think Strid has the best voice in metal at the moment. His clean vocal is super-polished and his heavy vocal is incredibly aggressive. He's got just the right amount of emotion and has a slick delivery.

One thing I find funny about the Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian, etc. metal guys is this though, when they sing their diction is PERFECT English, very American. But then when I hear them talk in interviews or in person they transform into the Swedish chef from the Muppet Show. Verdy, herdy, gurdy, burdy, purdy, oh hohohohoho! :rofl:
That would be the most metal band ever! Swedish Chef on vocals, Animal on drums, Fozzy on bass, Kermit on lead guitar and Cookie Monster on guitar and backup growling vocals.:metal::rofl:

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Call it personal taste, then, dude - in that case you should be glad to note that his voice reminds me a bit of Jason's, lol.

My style of metal vocals is more either all clean (Steven Wilson) or mostly clean (Devin Townsend), for the most part (Mikal Akersfeldt is the notable exception).

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
They are stunningly good live too, saw them once back in 2003 supporting Children Of Bodom, and they were great then, and I saw them at Bloodstock Open Air this year, and they were one of the best bands all weekend.

You've probably already tried them, but I always thought Scar Symmetry were a proggier and more refined verison of Soilwork, but take that with a pinch of salt :)

·
Read Only
3 Posts
I think that A Predator's Portrait is by far the best album they've done. After that they started mixing in the Depeche Mode choruses, which worked well on Natural Born Chaos but they went overboard with it on F5. I haven't listened to anything after that.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I think that A Predator's Portrait is by far the best album they've done. After that they started mixing in the Depeche Mode choruses, which worked well on Natural Born Chaos but they went overboard with it on F5. I haven't listened to anything after that.
Stabbing the Drama is amazing, as is Chainheart Machine. Toss 'em in your rotation dude, they're great.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I actually prefer Stabbing The Drama over A Predator's Portrait to be honest. I can't understand why people don't like it. :shrug:
Ditto here. The opeing of the opening track is absolutely fuckin' epic. :metal:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.