Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd say this looks sexy

Ola released some more G Models. He made a video with his Dad and at around min 8.24 we can see this one.

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
So far, any thing Solar has released seems to be wise. I've still only seen one up for re-sale, versus the slews of 2018 model name brand ones that are glutting Reverb, eBay, FB, etc...

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is it a wise business decision to release a Les Paul inspired shape right now?
Its not the exact same Shape neither the Headstock.

This Shape came out already but now it has a more Classical Color. Apart from Dimarzio with their ridiculous Double Cream Humbuckers trademark (that only works in the US by the way) I dont know how anyone could trademark a Sunburst...

·
Registered
927 Posts
I know this sounds a bit "get off my lawn"-ish but a single cut, with a reverse pointy headstock, just looks wrong to me. If this had a 3x3 headstock, id buy one in a heartbeat.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know this sounds a bit "get off my lawn"-ish but a single cut, with a reverse pointy headstock, just looks wrong to me. If this had a 3x3 headstock, id buy one in a heartbeat.
If the Body was totally round I would say yes you are right. But whoever Designed the Body made sure everything was coerent. I like it and makes it stand out... unlike the awful Zakk Wylde abominations.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
If the Body was totally round I would say yes you are right. But whoever Designed the Body made sure everything was coerent. I like it and makes it stand out... unlike the awful Zakk Wylde abominations.
Yeah, this is both 1) a good looking body shape, and 2) not nearly close enough to a LP to confuse anyone. I think Ola should be in the clear here, even before we add in the pointy headstock. :lol:

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Direct mounted, covered pickups look unexpectedly cool in a traditional style single cut.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Hot with people getting sued. Win or lose, you still have to pay a lawyer. That can break most small business owners.
A lawsuit Gibson would never win, with free publicity for Ola's brand? That's a sexy formula for more fancy carts!

#teamcart

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
Hot with people getting sued. Win or lose, you still have to pay a lawyer. That can break most small business owners.
So because it is a single cut type guitar he might be "carefull" because people (sheeple) may think he condones what Gibson does? Do all single cuts including your LP indicate something bad because some turds made bad buisnes moves? In that case we better all give it up because nobody shits diamonds and is without flaw. I doubt Ola cares what sheeple think, that would be dumb and he doesnt strike me as a dumb sheeple type.

·
Bah. I still suck.
1,323 Posts
Look at Ola, hitting the G spot..

·
Premium Member
943 Posts
So because it is a single cut type guitar he might be "carefull" because people (sheeple) may think he condones what Gibson does? Do all single cuts including your LP indicate something bad because some turds made bad buisnes moves? In that case we better all give it up because nobody shits diamonds and is without flaw. I doubt Ola cares what sheeple think, that would be dumb and he doesnt strike me as a dumb sheeple type.
He can get sued is my point. Your reply I have no frigging idea what you are on about.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I think it's a great time for him to be releasing Solar's take on the LP/singlecut shape. That shape is so ubiquitous there are always people looking for an LP style guitar, and hopefully more people come across this Solar option as a result of wanting to stay away from Gibson.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts