Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As much as I loved my 6505 it was a little too much amp for me just jamming at home just sold it. And back to using my eleven rack with my M-2 Lead – 1985 Mesa Boogie Mark IIc+ Patch through Fx loop of My tube works head. If the eleven rack only had this patch I would be happy. Going to save my money for a Mark V 25watt.

Attachments

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
Check out that Bias amp Desktop, man. Sounds really good actually.:yesway:

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Check out that Bias amp Desktop, man. Sounds really good actually.:yesway:
Ill Have to check it out. Hooking up my old rig is like new gear day again lol. I forgot how good the eleven rack sounded havent used it for anything but FX and tuner in a year

·
I Am The Tweaker
490 Posts
How does the Tube Works head sound ? I have a Mosvalve power amp that I used to use with a Pod XTL and it was pretty decent for a 'budget' rig. I keep thinking about getting a 2x12 or similar cab but I have 2-75 watt studio monitors that works well with my setup but it just doesn't have that 'oomph' that a real cab has.

Granted, I do have a bass amp with a 4x10 ported cab but playing guitar through it doesn't sound the greatest.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How does the Tube Works head sound ? I have a Mosvalve power amp that I used to use with a Pod XTL and it was pretty decent for a 'budget' rig. I keep thinking about getting a 2x12 or similar cab but I have 2-75 watt studio monitors that works well with my setup but it just doesn't have that 'oomph' that a real cab has.

Granted, I do have a bass amp with a 4x10 ported cab but playing guitar through it doesn't sound the greatest.
That tube works head on its own can get a Marshall sound it does have one 12ax7 in the preamp. But the Power amp in it is really Good and clear and loud. The way I have it hooked up now is I plug in Straight into eleven rack and eleven rack output is going to Tube works Fx receive. This way im going straight into the power amp and bypassing the Preamp. My 4x12 does have eminence 80 watt speakers. though so it has alot of chunk and clarity

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

That was recorded on Eleven rack and tube works rig. just my logitech webcam recording audio but its good enough to get a reference.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How were the cleans on that 6505+?
The cleans were good I could get nice clean Metallica Sanitarium tones out of it. I had also replaced my tubes with tungsols which helped the cleans even more.

[video]https://www.facebook.com/dave.wells.775/videos/1412638535417595/[/video]

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry for the shitty mark knopfler rip off lick but thats the only clean video I have of it lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts