Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Didn't In Flames record The Jester Race and Whoracle with Valvestates? It's certainly possible to get perfectly usable tones through them.

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
Didn't In Flames record The Jester Race and Whoracle with Valvestates? It's certainly possible to get perfectly usable tones through them.
Add onto that the Marshall 8100 is famous for being Chuck Schuldiner's go-to amp since they came out. The Marshall 8200 has also been used by Fredrik Thordendal quite a lot too.

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Blind shootouts on music forums are like watching a herd of zebra try and drink around a waterhole when sharing it with a pride of lions.

The backpedalling makes me fucking cry laughing :lol: The notion that these people are all supposed to be well adapted at using their ears to make decisions because they're either musicians or producers or engineers or all of the above, yet they really only use predisposed notions and philosophies to make the decisions instead.

If only everybody could clear that ego and only go on the philosophy of "if it sounds good, use it", I think we'd all be in a much happier place artistically :lol:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Hah, that's awesome. I'm not a huge Marshall guy, but the early Valvestates do have a cult following, presumably for a reason.

·
Marshall humper
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hah, that's awesome. I'm not a huge Marshall guy, but the early Valvestates do have a cult following, presumably for a reason.

I like mine better than my 5150. Mainly because it has reverb, a good lean channel, a lot more tonal flexibility, and it's cvlt. As. Fvck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts