Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Broke my heart in 1990 when I was 14.

But man, did he ever redeem himself.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Roy Z is a god.

·
Read Only
3 Posts
I really liked Tattooed Millionaire when it came out, though his shining moment is clearly The Chemical Wedding. I think The Chemical Wedding is as good as the best Iron Maiden albums with Bruce.

I really like Brave New World as well, but I wouldn't rank it as one of the elite Maiden discs. I do think it's on par with the last Bruce solo disc, which is high praise.... but still not as good as The Chemical Wedding...

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts

·
What are you looking at?
2,124 Posts
Let's not for forget about Adrian Smith's attempt at going solo... :noway:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The year was 1989. I spent my paper route money on the ASAP tape. It took me two weeks to save for it.

Adrian owes me 15 bucks. :mad:

·
What are you looking at?
2,124 Posts
The year was 1989. I spent my paper route money on the ASAP tape. It took me two weeks to save for it.

Adrian owes me 15 bucks. :mad:
:lol:

I'm going to give him a pass for this only because he came to his senses and eventually returned to Maiden. Brave New World made up for it, barely.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
He also succeded on a platinum record on his wall, and getting Janick Gers off the streets on the brink of quitting guitar. :lol:
The problem there is that Janick needs to be long PAST the brink of quitting Maiden. Seriously. He needs to GTFO. :lol:

·
Disposable Hero
266 Posts
I really like Accident and Chemical. I think Chemical is on par with Maiden's best, too. Although I like the work Roy Z did with Halford, I think his writing and playing style is a perfect match for Bruce.

As for Maiden, I really dig Brave New World. I actually like AMOLAD for that matter.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
FWIW, there was an amazingly awesome song on Tattooed Millionaire:

The rest of the album is pretty meh, but thats a pretty sweet song.

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts
As for Maiden, I really dig Brave New World. I actually like AMOLAD for that matter.
With a few years distance now - i acutally like AMOLAD almost better than BNW, but BNW had this special "BRUCE IS BACK" bonus when it was released, so...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts