Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, I posted this demo before, but this is a new mix with the drums done with Superior 2.0 rather than BFD Lite. So far I'm pretty happy with the sound of the mix, though I'm going to have to re-track the guitars and bass when I have new strings, and down in B instead of C# so I can put vocals on it :lol:

SoundClick artist: Eleven59 - DEMO51 Superior2

EDIT - UPDATE

Re-tracked guitars and bass and edited the drums a bit, here's the new version that will be getting vocals soon-ish:

SoundClick artist: Eleven59 - DEMO51 Superior3

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
What did you use to record the guitars?

I'm digging the drum sounds. I just got Superior 2.0, can't wait to start playing with it :)

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guitars and bass are all POD X3, digital into my MBox 2. The tone's a blend of the Matchless Chieftain and Bogner Ecstacy models, all tracked with my JB loaded Ibanez AX110XL. Did 2 tracks (left and right) normal, 2 tracks with the pickup split into single-coil mode, lead is the same patch but with a boost and some delay/reverb.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
You POD tweakers shock me sometimes :lol: sounds great dude.

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You POD tweakers shock me sometimes :lol: sounds great dude.
Thanks man :lol: It's already been proven that the PODs can do a great job of high-gain, over-processed stuff, but most people overlook the really great crunch/mid-gain/clean sounds they can do with minimal tweaking. It's all about layers :lol: The Bogner tone by itself or the Matchless tone by itself both sound really dull, but blended they come alive.

At this point, though, I tend to not mention that it's a POD unless someone asks :lol:

·
Registered
560 Posts
I clicked on it and was like, "This sounds like shit."

I realized I clicked on lo-fi. So I clicked on Hi-fi and MANNNNNNNN, sounds GREAT!

·
Thread Killer
6,491 Posts
Dang Aaron. I have thought this for years. It sucks your in Canada. I would love to do a project/band with you. Are styles would mesh really well. :D

·
Canis lupis robertus
5,706 Posts
It's really good, Aaron.

But! You could really use someone who knows how to play drums to program the drum track. It needs a lot of spicing up with some better changes, and some rolls/fills. They do sound nice, but it's a bit monotonous, drum-wise.

The song is (very) cool, though, and the production is really smooth. You gonna put some vox to that shit?

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wirelessly posted (Samsung-SPHM500 AU-OBIGO/Q04C1-1.17_PRE_1 MMP/2.0)

The Dark Wolf said:
It's really good, Aaron.

But! You could really use someone who knows how to play drums to program the drum track. It needs a lot of spicing up with some better changes, and some rolls/fills. They do sound nice, but it's a bit monotonous, drum-wise.

The song is (very) cool, though, and the production is really smooth. You gonna put some vox to that shit?
Yeah, probably going to spice up the drums with some fills and variations before I retrack everything in B so I can add vocals :D

1 - 20 of 37 Posts