Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Timmons is stupid-good. No argument, I love everything about this album.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
By the way, that whole concert is up on YouTube, and is awesome.

·
Not baked anymore.
3,555 Posts
I really gotta dig on Timmons more. I love everything I hear.....this tune here reminds me of a tamed down ALS-era Vai....and then EJ with the tapped harmonic part. Is this tune in Lydian? Is that why I keep thinking Vai?

I just haven't been in the instrumental guitar thing for a while, it's hard for me to get into any different players doing that stuff because I was pretty much G3'd out by the end of high school.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
I only "discovered" Timmons 4-5 months ago (shame on me) and he instantly got me as a fan, love is stuff and simply think the Resolution album is a MUST BUY for any guitar player or guitar music listener.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
I really gotta dig on Timmons more. I love everything I hear.....this tune here reminds me of a tamed down ALS-era Vai....and then EJ with the tapped harmonic part. Is this tune in Lydian? Is that why I keep thinking Vai?

I just haven't been in the instrumental guitar thing for a while, it's hard for me to get into any different players doing that stuff because I was pretty much G3'd out by the end of high school.
He's really a refreshing break from the typical instrumental thing - Resolution, in particular, is a little bluesier, more stripped down, and super melodic... Yet, he can absolutely rip when he chooses to.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
The man does indeed have the tone. He's one of those guys that would sound just as good as he always does no matter what guitar or amp or effects he's plugged into. The tone just seeps through his hands and fingers. Such good phrasing and note choice all the time from Mr. Timmons too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts