Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Dead & likes Rendang
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've only slightly hinted in this forum that I had a great opportunity to have my band 4arm to open for the mighty Testament. Now is the time for lots of pics!

And, just to prove it:

And our setlist...

And the gear I used.

:ugh: Actually, the Randall and Mesa belongs to Damon from Dreadnaught. But since we decided efficiency is king, we shared each other's cabs using our own individual heads. Our rigs sounded monstrous that night! :yesway:

But there's Lots of pics from Atomic at fasterlouder.com.au. His work is fantastic to say the least. There's a fair bit so I just posted my favorites. The rest can be found here.

First off, my band 4arm :woot:

Then came the next event, Dreadnaught. :cool:

Lastly, the main event. The mighty Testament! :bowdown: :bowdown:

Oddly enough... not enough of Skolnick's stage of the side. :( But that's ok because I spent most of the set next to the side desk:

:cool:

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
nice! Was the Randall MTS for show or were modules loaded later? lol

·
Dead & likes Rendang
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
nice! Was the Randall MTS for show or were modules loaded later? lol
My friend asked me the exact same question. :lol:

It was purely for show, just to avoid changing hassles.

EDIT: Damon's tone was mostly from his Line 6 POD X3 Live, hence why no modules.

Also, here the Testament setlist according to Metal Obsession:

For The Glory Of…
More Than Meets The Eye
Dog Faced Gods
The New Order
Sins of Omission
Electric Crown
Riding The Snake
Legions of the Dead
The Persecuted Won't Forget
The Legacy
Trial By Fire
Practice What You Preach
Into The Pit
D.N.R. (Do Not Resuscitate)
3 Days In Darkness
The Formation of Damnation

I should have said the date that we played: last Friday, August 6.

·
Dead & likes Rendang
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks guys.

Very cool pics. :yesway: Must be awesome playing on the same stage with Testament. :metal:
It was an absolute honour. I had the time of my life. This was the first major gig we ever did so it meant a big deal for us. :metal:

·
Dook dook dook
2,434 Posts
Sweet pics! Also...

I looked up 4arm on MySpace... Holy fuck you guys kick ass! I see your stuff is on iTunes, any chance of getting it onto Amazon MP3? I'd love to get my hands on it, but I don't use itunes.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Not sure if that's a joke post or not :lol:
4arm don't play death metal dude, they're thrash/groove metal basically :lol:
Ah, if i saw them live i would have known that ;p

Besides, testament's played with a ton of death metal bands, they even have a death metal album, and Eric peterson's in a black metal band. Who knows? :shrug:

·
Dead & likes Rendang
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I can see where Squid is coming from. :hsquid:

Testament turned quite extreme when James Murphy got on board, and I knew Eric Peterson is big on black metal. And in some cases, support bands don't necessarily match the bill, whether it's the organiser's choice or the band's. It's like when Silversun Pickups opened for Metallica. :shrug:

I looked up 4arm on MySpace... Holy fuck you guys kick ass! I see your stuff is on iTunes, any chance of getting it onto Amazon MP3? I'd love to get my hands on it, but I don't use itunes.
Thanks dude. :yesway: I'll have to speak to my drummer about the availability of our stuff via Amazon. Once I've got details, I'll let you know.

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Testament turned quite extreme when James Murphy got on board, and I knew Eric Peterson is big on black metal. And in some cases, support bands don't necessarily match the bill, whether it's the organiser's choice or the band's. It's like when Silversun Pickups opened for Metallica. :shrug:
:lol: My band is like progressive/brutal/technical death metal/extreme metal, but a few months ago, we were right behind the headliner on a show with: an emo band, a pop rock band, a power punk/pop punk band, and a kind of traditional hard rock/heavy metal band.

I remember being surprised at the lineup and being like, "Uh, we don't really fit with any of these bands" and the promoter said, "Yeah, I added you guys cause you kick ass." :lol: Surprisingly, the crowd was actually pretty into what we were playing. Go figure. It was a really fun show and all the bands were very professional.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
man, great pics, great looking stage, looks like a great night!

I'd love to play on a pro stage :yesway:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts