Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured I'd take some decent pics of the Ultra V.

So far so good. :metal: Mahogany body and neck. Birdseye board. SS frets, etc. Pretty much the same specs as my V220.
Took the Duncans out of it last night since I'm throwing those in one of my buddies Holdsworth guitars and I just slapped the stock Carvin pickups back in this for now. But fear not... as soon as I gank it out of the Holdsworth, this will get a Wolfetone Timber Wolf in the bridge(also got a second Timber Wolf that's probably going in the V220 from the other Holdsworth).

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
The pointy V220 was the X220. A V227 would be awesome.

I need to build a prototype of my Stealth X. :)

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The pointy V220 was the X220. A V227 would be awesome.

I need to build a prototype of my Stealth X. :)

You need to get on that asap. :agreed:

I've been thinking about ordering the Carvin 7 string neck, getting some mahogany wings and making a V227 on my own. :yesway:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Wasnt that the "Guy mann dude" guitar from the 80s?

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
as soon as I gank it out of the Holdsworth, this will get a Wolfetone Timber Wolf in the bridge(also got a second Timber Wolf that's probably going in the V220 from the other Holdsworth).
Excellent choice. I have one in the bridge of my Soloist Pro, and it just crushes. The midrange is buddah.

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Excellent choice. I have one in the bridge of my Soloist Pro, and it just crushes. The midrange is buddah.
Yeah, I originally put them in the Holdsworth guitars for him and thought they sounded great! They are just a touch too scooped for his tastes. So I'm slapping the Alt-8s in the Holdsworths and in exchange, I get to keep the Wolfes. I hope it works in the V220. I love the guitar to death but I'm having a bitch of a time finding just the right pickup for it. Finding something with the right punch for drop-C tuning in an all mohagany guitar is getting to be a pain in the ass.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Whoa, good deal. Those things are $120 a piece brand new.

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
And they are nickle covered too! I do a ton of work on his guitars for him so stuff like this is like payment. Works for me! :yesway:

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)darren:phone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Have you tried a Duncan Custom in the V220? It SLAYS in mahogany.

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I haven't. The only Duncan I've tried is the Alt-8. The mids were too "spikey" for my tastes. If I come across a custom, I'll definitely check it out. That is if I'm not happy with the Timber Wolf.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts