Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not the whole thing, just the 40 seconds or so that starts 7:06

I just thought it was a cool observation. It goes some way to explain why people flat-out dismiss certain gear, amps and pickups especially, because it didn't react with their specific playing nuances, but rather than adjust to it, we just go "nah, it's not for me". I do it with pickups a lot. I don't give them much of a chance at all :lol: It takes like 3 strums and a riff or two and I'm done.

It's cool when you hit on a piece of gear that makes you re-think your playing. It happened with me when I first discovered Rectifiers, and for the last few years I've sort of based my heavy tone around that feel, whilst I know plenty of others who have plugged into one and instantly thrown a "nope.gif" at it. Horses for courses, etc.

EDIT: I mean... to a degree. If you can plug into an Orange and go "yeah, this is what I'm all about!" then I don't think we're going to get on very well.

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was being facetious, mocking myself for having that attitude about an amp. I've never tried one that I gelled with, ever, but i can't say I've ever spent enough time with one to "get" it. Ty Tabor seems to coax a sick tone out of one so I can't really talk. But this is a guy who could plug a potato into the lighter socket of a Ford Capri and still get a better tone than most people.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.