·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Holy price jack from hell, Batman!

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Nice guitar, though I wouldn't spend $1k on it. :lol:

JJ - I saw that too. Seller has some interesting ideas, for sure.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Holy price jack from hell, Batman!
I think the guy that selling it just wants to see if he could get that much.

Some of the guys on JCAF were suprised by how much the hardtail one that I bought went for last week, so I think they just want to see where the AT market is at.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice guitar, though I wouldn't spend $1k on it. :lol:

JJ - I saw that too. Seller has some interesting ideas, for sure.
I'm gonna argue that they are worth >$1k, but why spend that much when you can get them cheaper :lol:

They are atleast as nice as these The ESP Guitar Company :: Guitars (except for the pickups :lol:

On the other hand I am a kind of delusional Jackson AT fanboy :lol:

If someone could win this for $6-700 though it would be an awesome deal.

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
I think the guy that selling it just wants to see if he could get that much.

Some of the guys on JCAF were suprised by how much the hardtail one that I bought went for last week, so I think they just want to see where the AT market is at.
Yeah, I agree. I think people are leaning towards overpaying for these, personally...

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
The market is a funny thing. These usually go for under $800, when they are easily as good or better than an RG7CST that goes for ridiculous amounts of money.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The market is a funny thing. These usually go for under $800, when they are easily as good or better than an RG7CST that goes for ridiculous amounts of money.
:agreed:

$1050 is overpaying in the sense that you can usually get them cheaper. The quality is definately on par with modern Jackson USA IMO. Its at least as good as the majority of Ibanez/ESP/Caparison/etc. that people consider "high end" (~$2000) and alot better than the $800 LTD/Schechters people have no problem paying for.

I guess I should just consider myself lucky that I can routinely pick up my "dream guitars" for less than $800. Most peoples "dream guitars" are like $3000+

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
$1050 is overpaying in the sense that you can usually get them cheaper. The quality is definately on par with modern Jackson USA IMO. Its at least as good as the majority of Ibanez/ESP/Caparison/etc. that people consider "high end" (~$2000) and alot better than the $800 LTD/Schechters people have no problem paying for.
I'll never understand why people want to pay a premium for lesser gear, just because it is new. Give me two grand to outfit a rig, and I'll buy a used Soloist Pro, 5150 head, Mesa 4x12, and G Major. If I had to buy new, my rig would sound like shit. :lol:

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll never understand why people want to pay a premium for lesser gear, just because it is new. Give me two grand to outfit a rig, and I'll buy a used Soloist Pro, 5150 head, Mesa 4x12, and G Major. If I had to buy new, my rig would sound like shit. :lol:
Players associate a certain cachet with playing a companies highest end model. Thats why ESP Japan and Ibanez Japan are more often considered "pro instruments" and Jackson Japan is never taken as seriously (because Jackson USA is more prestigous). There is a stigma that if you aren't playing the "best" you somehow aren't a good player.

And the early 90s pros are atleast as good as whatever Jackson is putting out as USA Production models today. Why anybody would shell out ~$2000 for a new soloist is beyond me. When the pros usually go for ~$500.

·
18,790 Posts
Players associate a certain cachet with playing a companies highest end model. Thats why ESP Japan and Ibanez Japan are more often considered "pro instruments" and Jackson Japan is never taken as seriously (because Jackson USA is more prestigous). There is a stigma that if you aren't playing the "best" you somehow aren't a good player.

And the early 90s pros are atleast as good as whatever Jackson is putting out as USA Production models today. Why anybody would shell out ~$2000 for a new soloist is beyond me. When the pros usually go for ~$500.
It's a way for bedroom shredders with high paying day jobs and no real talent to feel better than the broke-ass musicians they idolize :agreed: (just to clarify, this isn't anyone on here :lol: It's the doctors and lawyers who buy Gibsons)

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I dunno, it's fairly applicable :lol:

Someday I hope to have the high paying job to go along with my lack of real talent!

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I dunno. Just about the only Jackson/Charvel I want is one of the H/S superstrats or superteles that Criss Oliva used. In white, of course.

And I'm not even sure what models those are.

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
I'd really like to know how a 24 3/4" scale helps with drop tuning :scratch:
Ever played a (decently built) Gibbo Les Paul, or V tuned to Drop C? Don't know what it is, but theres some serious mojo in it. Call me crazy, but i've played baritones, 7's, and baritone 7's for years and love the tone that they give however I have grown close to my Gibson V tuned to D standard and occasionally drop C, as well as the PRS SE which is 25" scale tuned the same (its just a little brighter than the V).

1 - 20 of 28 Posts