Good news, Everyone!
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Step 1: go to used.guitarcenter.com

Step 2: Enable national search.

Step 3: search for "105994088"

Step 4: ???

Step 5: Profit.

I mean, really?! Almost makes me consider buying some of those if I could turn a profit like that at GC.

·
Good news, Everyone!
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i think the best part is that they acknowledge it as a copy, and still ask $800 for it.

·
Dook dook dook
2,434 Posts
i think the best part is that they acknowledge it as a copy, and still ask $800 for it.
Oh i've seen worse. When I worked at GC we had this uber expensive custom les paul with a Dale Earnhardt custom painjob. It FELL from the very top of the guitar wall and suffered a nasty body crack. They listed it as used and put a $1799 sticker on it. FUCK. THAT.

·
It's not lupus.
1,689 Posts
Isn't even selling this now a violation of title 18, part 1, chapter 113, § 2320 of the US Code? I wonder if they've even thought that part through...

·
Dook dook dook
2,434 Posts
Isn't even selling this now a violation of title 18, part 1, chapter 113, § 2320 of the US Code? I wonder if they've even thought that part through...
Doesn't that only apply to stolen property? A knock off made in a country with loose laws wouldn't be considered "stolen" I think.

·
It's not lupus.
1,689 Posts
Doesn't that only apply to stolen property? A knock off made in a country with loose laws wouldn't be considered "stolen" I think.
That specific part applies to counterfeit goods and services, but I could be referencing the wrong law. It seems to apply, though. In any case, knowingly selling counterfeit goods is illegal. It's not like these have a similar name or anything either--it was clearly made in an attempt to deceive buyers.

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
My guess is that they probably gave somebody too much money for it, thinking it was the real deal, and now they're trying to save face and at least get their money back.
Yeah, thats exactly what happened. I search used.guitarcenter.com almost daily and it was originally $999 and labeled Ibanez K7, but they conveniently didn't take a pic of the headstock, just the body at a weird angle. I emailed them a few times telling them it was a fake, and they finally listened...but not too much. :rofl:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.