Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Dude I liked it a lot! That is a solid song! If anything, maybe making the drums a little more interesting and diverse would help, but it sounds great!

·
Dont you love balls?
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys :)

I unfortunately don't have a bass so I there's none there. I agree on the drums too. I have a friend who will probably help me once I have the song finished. I just need to write a few more riffs and get them all arranged properly.

·
Dont you love balls?
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll give it a go :D Though, you'll have to send me the mp3 or make it downloadable on soundcloud lol
Done :yesway:

Also, that intro riff is a bar of 11/4 then a bar of 12/4. The crash is straight though, so it's easy to count. Everything is is 4/4 and 8/4.

·
Dont you love balls?
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the bass Aaron! Edited the OP.

I just imported it and set the levels a bit. I didn't do any mixing. I think it sounds pretty good :yesway:

EDIT: Also,

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to eleven59 again.
:wub:

·
18,790 Posts
:yesway: No prob, had a good time with it :D

Edit: That sounds different than what I sent, almost like it's shifted down an octave :scratch: Or maybe it just needs the super-lows filtered out (in the rough mix I included I filtered everything below 70hz to keep it out of the way of the kick).

·
Dont you love balls?
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OH FRIKKER. I just realized that there were plugins on those channels :lol:. I was wondering myself why it was so low. I will re-upload.

·
Dont you love balls?
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re-re-uploaded haha

Dude, it really sounds so good. I was wondering why it was so low and was just like..whatever, I guess so.:lol:

But it's seriously some nice licks. I dig that little lick in the intro. Also, when it is the chorus (0:30) the notes create such a nice tension. Especially that F# :agreed:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts