Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is a place to list any songs that have extra special meaning to you.

I'll post youtube links later since I'm at work, unless a mod wants to post some for me now.

Fear Factory - Final Exit

This is a song that always reminds me of my girlfriend. Lyrics seem to have nothing to do with it, since it seems to be about someone dying IIRC, which she hasn't. It's just one of those songs that reminds me of her.

Staind - Right Here

Much the same as the above, but some of the chorus is very much what I feel.

·
Format C: For Cortex
790 Posts
Empire of the Sun - We Are The People

Reminds me of a special girl. :wub: It was her ringtone ages ago, and whenever I listen to it I am reminded of her.

Rage Against The Machine - Freedom

This was the first solo I ever learnt to play. It's nothing amazing or technical, but it kind of opened up a new world of guitar playing for me back then.

·
Devil
1,871 Posts
This one... Last minute of the second vid never ceases to amaze me.

And this whole album, but this part in particular

I wish I could tell you why, but I have no words for either of these pieces.

·
V-boi
140 Posts
In Dreams by Roy Orbison

off the top of my head that one sticks out cuz the lyrics have a significant meaning to me, maybe a couple of other songs but that one stuck out

·
Would You Kindly?
487 Posts
Mudvayne - Happy?

First real heavy metal band I got into, this song got to me at a time when a lot of people were pissing me off, and today this song and the album is very special to me.

The Fray - How To Save A Life

Really emotional song, and a fave of one of my exes so it reminds me of her. :/

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,836 Posts
When i was 16, i had heart surgery. tool came out with aniema. the entire album spoke to me as i was waiting for my surgery. i listened to it in the bed waiting, in the bed after.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts