Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
This could be really good, but they're going to have to try pretty damn hard to make a more emotionally-powerful and impacting work of art than the game, which was a pure masterpiece. Very possibly the best game of 2013. Partially due to the amazing story-telling, music, acting, and other such elements.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This could be really good, but they're going to have to try pretty damn hard to make a more emotionally-powerful and impacting work of art than the game, which was a pure masterpiece. Very possibly the best game of 2013. Partially due to the amazing story-telling, music, acting, and other such elements.
:hesright:

·
Super Moderator
8,320 Posts
they're going to have to try pretty damn hard to make a more emotionally-powerful and impacting work of art than the game, which was a pure masterpiece. Very possibly the best game of 2013. Partially due to the amazing story-telling, music, acting, and other such elements.
Yeah, and, for that very reason, I think it's a bit of a waste of time. It's not really even a great plot. The writing and performances around it in the game are ace, but I'm not sure what can be done with it that's not just basically copying it (and probably not hitting the mark for everyone who's played it).

·
Imp Slap
2,033 Posts
Yeah, and, for that very reason, I think it's a bit of a waste of time. It's not really even a great plot. The writing and performances around it in the game are ace, but I'm not sure what can be done with it that's not just basically copying it (and probably not hitting the mark for everyone who's played it).
My thoughts exactly. My only real complaint about the game is that I wish there was more of it - all the stars would have to align for the movie or it will seem terrible, and maybe take away from the experience of the game, too.

But, Joel: maybe Viggo Mortensen. Or, if they really want me to buy the blu ray, Jeff Bridges, True Grit-style.

Ellie: Ellen Paige. :lol: Seriously, maybe Chloe Grace Moretz.

It would be hard to cast. The characters in the game are literally perfect as they are, and it's photorealistic already.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My thoughts exactly. My only real complaint about the game is that I wish there was more of it - all the stars would have to align for the movie or it will seem terrible, and maybe take away from the experience of the game, too.
That's the problem. You can't cram that game into a 2 hour movie. A big part of the reason that the game is so awesome is that you give a shit about Joel and Ellie, having spent so much time with them (so to speak).

Ellie: Ellen Paige. :lol: Seriously, maybe Chloe Grace Moretz.
Reddit is all about Ellen Page, but they seem to forget that she's, you know, not a 14 year old girl. :lol:

Gerard Butler might be able to pull off Joel.

I'd rather see this done CGI-style, and just turn the game as-is into a film with the characters rendered the way they are. I'd certainly watch it.

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Gerard Butler and Viggo Mortensen could probably both pull off Joel pretty well. Ellen Page could act the part well, but the fact that she's twice the age of the character would completely change the entire point of the dynamic.

·
Registered
199 Posts
i hated the game. boring as all hell . atrocious writing, good enough for video games i suppose. cliche central. when the whole cannibal angle came up my eyes just rolled to the back of my head, the opening was just cringe worthy emotionally manipulative garbage. not to mention the game itself was rote as heck. tired and uninspired. the characters were one dimensional american TV stereotypes. so yeah this movie doesn't inspire any hope in me. the music was nice though. so hope they get the composer to do the music again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts