1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Badmotorfinger > Superunknown

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

4th of July > *

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Eh, they're both great albums, but I prefer Superunknown. It's a little darker and grungier.
Superunknown is where they started to lose me. Stuff like "Black Hole Sun" just screams heroin addiction, and is typical of what I hate about grunge. Meanwhile, Badmotorfinger is slammed full of rage and awesome, progressive songwriting.

·
Lord Super Awesome
5,701 Posts
You'll get no argument from me on the badassness of the mighty soundgarden. In our SG tribute, we do almost the entire badmotorfinger album. Of course, superunknown is awesome too. I can't wait to play limo wreck, 4th of july & mailman. Sludgy & heavy as fuck.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Superunknown is where they started to lose me. Stuff like "Black Hole Sun" just screams heroin addiction, and is typical of what I hate about grunge. Meanwhile, Badmotorfinger is slammed full of rage and awesome, progressive songwriting.
Ahh, whereas I love that dark, depressed, moody shit. :lol:

They're both fucking awesome albums, however. :metal:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
This. So much this.

Drew's a pup though and he likes Nirvana, so it's no shocker that he prefers the inferior album.

:wub:

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This. So much this.

Drew's a pup though and he likes Nirvana, so it's no shocker that he prefers the inferior album.

:wub:
Hey, the almost atonal high compound bends right before the chorus of "Limo Wreck" kicks in absolutely kick ass. Such a cool moment. :metal:

TBH, the reason I prefer Superunknown is that it's just a little more blues-based, and that's really where my roots are.

·
What are you looking at?
2,124 Posts
I have to say the early 90's were a living hell for me with the rise of grunge, but SG does have a unique quality that appeals to me. I do like their dark and gritty stuff the best.

Nirvana will always suck and leave a bad taste in my mouth.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Pete said:
I have to say the early 90's were a living hell for me with the rise of grunge, but SG does have a unique quality that appeals to me. I do like their dark and gritty stuff the best.

Nirvana will always suck and leave a bad taste in my mouth.
Like the taste of sweet and sour jeter nads?

·
What are you looking at?
2,124 Posts

Like the taste of sweet and sour jeter nads?
Yes, after a 12 inning game in August.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts

Sweet

And sour

I like superunknown more too, but it just has mor appealing groove to it overall. It's like bluesy funk groove rewritten for grumpy people in seattle :lol:

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Wirelessly posted (iPhone : Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

[action=Zepp88] is listening to Superunknown.[/action]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.