Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
It sounds like they're fighting the soundman, but man, Cornell sounds great!

Not Thayil's best moment, but he gets a pass. Not the most technical player, but one hell of a songwriter.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
I see Chris Cornell has adopted the Paul Stanley approach of "I play guitar until its time to sing!" (edit: Oh, he only does it for the first minute or so).

Either way, he sounds pretty solid still. Good song, too. :yesway:

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
indeed he does! Another youtube vid way back when of them doing Burden in my Hand, his voice sounded horrible.

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Considering the clips I heard from early on in their tour, I actually thought Chris' vocals were pretty good.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I see Chris Cornell has adopted the Paul Stanley approach of "I play guitar until its time to sing!" (edit: Oh, he only does it for the first minute or so).

Either way, he sounds pretty solid still. Good song, too. :yesway:
I can't answer yes/no questions while playing, so if he does that, I completely understand. :lol:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Wow, I cannot believe that Cornell actually sounds good. All recent evidence has pointed to his voice being completely shot for good.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Wow, I cannot believe that Cornell actually sounds good. All recent evidence has pointed to his voice being completely shot for good.
Sounds like he has some seriously good vocal control now. He doesn't even appear to be struggling/singing hard.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Cornell's voice sounds good? This I GOTTA see. :yesway: :metal:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts