Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got to try one of these out a few months ago when the president of the company passed through Burlington and visited a few music stores with his pedalboard. This thing sounds like nothing else, and is incredibly fun to play with.

I do want to pick one up at some point, as it does really well with bass and low-tuned guitars on some settings since it only distorts certain frequency bands, which can leave the bottom end clean and clear. There is a bass version coming too, as I know Victor Wooten is helping develop it.

·
Mod Britannia
7,232 Posts
That's pretty funky. I really like the half clean, half distorted sounds at the start :yesway:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One of the local guys here has one, and he plugs it into a clean combo, cranks the master, and lets a note feed back while playing arpeggiated chords under it. There's some really cool, creative stuff you can do with the "certain frequencies distorted only" bit it can do.

And the octave sounds with the drive down are fantastic, very clean.

·
Tune It Lower
1,114 Posts
Phenomenal pedal, as Josh says it's ace for adding heat to low tuned stuff without the sound washing out. I'm going to add one to my rig for sure, I'm just holding out for the programmable Pro model with MIDI control, programmable EQ, and expression control. :agreed:

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
cool!

check out the "disnortion" , i think pignose makes it? A hell of a name at least :lol:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I remember reading about that pedal... It's pretty cool. How much $$$?
Not bad actually, $120. I've seen them on eBay and through a few of the more 'niche' online stores. It definitely plays 'nicer' with clean amps on some of the more extreme settings, but it gives a very unique sound through an overdrive channel if tweaked properly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts