Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Yeah, it was a pretty damned staggeringly sexy guitar.

Also, we were both a solid ten pounds lighter (and, like five years younger) when that picture was taken. :lol:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was actually dark grey and dark red, I think the camera flash made it the fr00t. :lol:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I thought this was going to be a picture of Drew's sister :(

Nice guitar though!

·
Premium Member
2,232 Posts
why'd you sell that? that thing is gorgeous

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
It was totally a grayish-purple, man. :lol:

why'd you sell that? that thing is gorgeous
I found I never played it. It was gorgeous, sounded great, and played great, but I found that whenever I wanted to play guitar I'd just pick up my PWH. I think I was afraid of it, a little, and I just preferred the tone of the Blazes in basswood to the custom wound pickups in mahogany.

It was too nice of a guitar to just sit there gathering dust, so when my car died and suddenly I couldn't justify having that kind of money locked up in a presentation piece, I sold it and bought a Blackjack to replace it as my "rhythm" guitar. Something like an eighth of the price, but it worked just as well for what I needed it for, and I didn't feel bad about not playing it as much.

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Holy crap that thing is awesome, but once again I have been proven noob. I hadn't even heard of CST guitars. Sad to see that you had to give it up Drew, it looks like a great guitar.

And whoever has it now...:hbang:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Holy crap that thing is awesome, but once again I have been proven noob. I hadn't even heard of CST guitars. Sad to see that you had to give it up Drew, it looks like a great guitar.

And whoever has it now...:hbang:
It's an Ibanez RG7-CST. No custom guitar maker there... but a fiendishly rare and expensive instrument nonetheless. A mahogany 7-string flametopped RG with the Double Edge piezo-equipped trem.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It was totally a grayish-purple, man. :lol:

I found I never played it. It was gorgeous, sounded great, and played great, but I found that whenever I wanted to play guitar I'd just pick up my PWH. I think I was afraid of it, a little, and I just preferred the tone of the Blazes in basswood to the custom wound pickups in mahogany.

It was too nice of a guitar to just sit there gathering dust, so when my car died and suddenly I couldn't justify having that kind of money locked up in a presentation piece, I sold it and bought a Blackjack to replace it as my "rhythm" guitar. Something like an eighth of the price, but it worked just as well for what I needed it for, and I didn't feel bad about not playing it as much.
Truth be told, it took me a few beers to even play it, because it was so pristine, and so fucking expensive, I was afraid of pick rash, belt rash, etc, etc. The damn piezo battery was dead too. :lol:

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
It's an Ibanez RG7-CST. No custom guitar maker there... but a fiendishly rare and expensive instrument nonetheless. A mahogany 7-string flametopped RG with the Double Edge piezo-equipped trem.
Oh wow, so like a 2027 with a flame top? You know how I love 2027s:metal:. That sounds like my dream guitar.

Yet this still proves the embarrassing amount of noob I must overcome.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Truth be told, it took me a few beers to even play it, because it was so pristine, and so fucking expensive, I was afraid of pick rash, belt rash, etc, etc. The damn piezo battery was dead too. :lol:
:lol: I never used the piezo either, which was a factor. I felt much the same, though, and I hated feeling that way.

Of course, it didn't stop you from chewing on the thing after those few beers. :lol:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wirelessly posted (Metal Shop \m/: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

I was hungry. :vince:

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
Oh wow, so like a 2027 with a flame top? You know how I love 2027s:metal:. That sounds like my dream guitar.

Yet this still proves the embarrassing amount of noob I must overcome.
Yeah, except there are only 24 of them in the world, and these were tip-top-cream-of-the-crop, beyond J.Prestige craftmanship. There was also the RG7CT which didn't have the piezo, although those are maybe rarer, since a couple of dudes over at Jemsite broke them up for parts. :nuts: :lol:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts