Metalguitarist.org banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
I think Drew has one of these. Not sure you'll find one for under a grand though.
I checked that a few on Reverb had sold for under a grand - albeit some of them were pretty beat up.

I also keep forgetting the conversion from euro to dollars, which hasn't always been as big a difference as it is now.

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
You want a finish? Here's a finish:

https://reverb.com/item/36186818-jackson-soloist-sl3mg-2009-green-swirl

My 7 string version of this was among the best-playing guitars I ever owned. I just couldn't deal with recessed Floyd.
Woah. That is cool. Can't see myself spending $250 on shipping though.

This got my attention, but with GC calling it "excellent" then showing a picture of a giant ding/chip in it, I'm a little leery. Might order it and return it if it sucks...

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

·
Dream Crusher
21,052 Posts
SLSMGs are still some of the best Jacksons I've ever played (though I am not a connoisseur like many here). There's some variation (the early ones with satin finish and EMG HZs have very thin necks, later ones with gloss finishes and active EMGs tend to have more "normal" neck profiles but still comfortable) and the high bridge setup with a larger neck angle and string through feels great on both hands. No trems, though.

·
Super Moderator
11,446 Posts
SLSMGs are still some of the best Jacksons I've ever played (though I am not a connoisseur like many here). There's some variation (the early ones with satin finish and EMG HZs have very thin necks, later ones with gloss finishes and active EMGs tend to have more "normal" neck profiles but still comfortable) and the high bridge setup with a larger neck angle and string through feels great on both hands. No trems, though.
I've enjoyed all of them I've played. I should have bought one when they were selling for $250.

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Went and played an SLX DX today and really liked it. Was sort of surprised as it was made in China, but had a real Floyd, neck-thru, pretty decent fret job, great action, but Jackson branded pups. Brand new they’re selling for $795. Not sure it really worth more than $400, but I did enjoy playing it. Oddly enough, it was a black swirl one and I actually liked the way it looked in person.

·
Super Moderator
11,446 Posts
Wow, they really are charging a premium for the swirl!

Still, the prices on those really went up. :(

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Wow, they really are charging a premium for the swirl!

Still, the prices on those really went up. :(
Yeah, can't believe this:

Is $200 more than this:

When paint is the only difference.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Every time I see this thread title I just read it in a blues frog croak. Like the start of an epic 12 bar blues narrative.

SPENT ALL MUH MONEY ON A 6 STRING (call and response blues lick)
GOTTA SACK FULL OF BREAD AND A HANDFUL O' RAISINS (call and response blues lick)
OH YEAH LORD, A HANDFULL O' SWEET SWEET RAISINS (slightly longer call and response blues lick)

TAKING MY NEW 6 STRING DOWN TO OL' GRAVY JOES (*down to old gravy joes* repeated in falsetto)
GONNA FORD THAT RIVER REAL GOOD

21 - 40 of 56 Posts