Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just over a week ago I had a problem with one of the locking tuners on my Carvin.

I sent them an email with a picture of it, and asked if they'd sell me a single replacement for it. The guitar is over a year old now and has been through plenty of string changes, so I would have had no problem just buying a new one.

Lori Sperzel called me last week to ask for my address, and today a brand new one showed up in the mail, free of charge.

THAT is some awesome customer service. It's rare these days that a company actually gives a damn about the people that use their products, and this was above and beyond what I expected.

Sperzel rules. :yesway:

·
I have angered the Noodles
2,662 Posts
Wirelessly posted

That's awesome. It is very refreshing to actually see people stand by their products and take care of you.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Spertzel customer service is, indeed, awesome. I lost the locking post in one of my tuners when I turned the thumb screw all the way off, and they sent me a replacement post free of charge.

·
Lord Super Awesome
5,701 Posts
Very cool! When I bought my hughes & kettner coreblade second-hand from Parker of Queensryche, it didn't come with what should be an included footcontroller. He used a ground control pro to control everything. The product sales manager of H&K saw my demo vid of the amp on YT & I asked him if I could buy the footswitch. He got my address & sent me one free! It's always nice to see a company provide that level of customer service.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Nice to know! I've got some sets of sperzels waiting to go into some builds I've got going. Good to hear they look after there customers

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
If you guys have never looked into the Sound-Lok Sperzels you really should. They also make restringing easy and have no moving parts associated with how they grab the strings. Plus super light weight if you've got a guitar that's a little neck heavy.

·
Thread Killer
2,196 Posts
Met the Sperzel guys at Namm two years ago. Really, really great people, they spent ages with me talking about their products and their design ethos, doesn't surprise me in the slightest that they'd do this.

·
getting schwifty
1,285 Posts
Wirelessly posted

Got a similar case with peavey. Six years ago, had a show to play, and my xxx footswitch quit during rehearsals 2 days prior. Called about overnighting a replacement regardless of cost, but the peavey rep found a dealer near me instead, and arranged for me to pick up the footswitch. It cost me nothing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts