1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Total time: 15 minutes, and I stopped and made coffee. :yesway:

From this:

To this:

Here's a full pic. It looks bad freakin' ass, the tuners are mostly black with chrome poles, so it suits the rest of the guitar perfectly. Pardon my epic anti-bird rig in the yard, my lawn got burned to a crisp over the summer and I just reseeded. :lol:

Now to sting 'er up properly. :metal:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, I was looking for the silverburst MIM all over the net, its GC exclusive.
GC Exclusive doesn't equal shitty either. I've been playing the shit out of this guy since 9:00 this morning, and it's an awesome sounding, awesome playing guitar. I don't even plan to change the pickups. The bridge is an Edge III, and other than the trem arm holder breaking (both of my E3's have done this, heh) I have no problems with it at all in terms of tuning stability.

I paid $350 for it new and it's a great sounding, awesomely shreddingly playing axe. And hey, it has a reverse headstock and sharkfins, how can you go wrong? :lol: I actually had it listed in the FS forum here for super cheap, and when I went to restring/clean it to sell it, I ended up playing it for like 5 hours and deciding that I was out of my mind to let it go.

·
It's not lupus.
1,689 Posts
Awesome! Is there much work involved to get them to fit?
Also, does anyone know if the 'fender sperzels' are a straight swap as my tech skills are basically none.
There's some drilling involved. It's much easier to do if you have a nifty jig for it like Chris does. That jig is also $40 from Stewmac :(

As for direct swap, Schaller locking tuners can be a direct swap. Mexi strats require a little drilling for those, but they should be a direct fit for USA-made.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.