Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^ absolutely correct. And that headstock is even worse. It's both reversed AND the 70s one.

But they will get ONE Rocka Point for the matching headstock and control layout having volume knob a bit further away from the strings.
Well I tried. :lol:

The hardware change shouldn't be too much of an issue. I'm betting a Gotoh 1996 would be a drop in replacement. But you got me with the reverse headstock... even though I personally dig it.

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
The reversed headstock could have been acceptable (for me) if it was the small headstock.

Ok so you're actually getting one of these? Cool :D make sure to change the studs too, there's no reason to put a good quality bridge like GE1996T on shitty FR Special level studs.

EDIT: I just saw you wrote "betting" and not "getting"... I just woke up

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Needs an evertune bridge to be rocka's sig :lol:
That's not my main feature. My "main preference" is a dive-only Floyd Rose.

Actually my preferences are like this:

1. Dive-only Floyd Rose = feels solid like hardtail, but you can still do awesome divebombs and shit when needed
2. Hardtail = no fiddling around, just make metal
3. Evertune = For recording it's wonderful, and live gigs. But they are kind of fiddly when changing strings, and doesn't sustain as much as Floyds and hardtails. Nothing I mind when recording rhythms tho.
4. Floating Floyd Rose = I love this too but I grew out of it. I like these mostly for gentle trem use, like in soft clean parts, because you can wiggle it a little up and down. Not possible with dive-only.

I'm not a fan of strat trems, (they are just boring!!! See no point in having less range than Floyd Rose) and I can live without tune-o-matics. I dont dislike TOMs but... Yeah I dont need it.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
The reversed headstock could have been acceptable (for me) if it was the small headstock.

Ok so you're actually getting one of these? Cool :D make sure to change the studs too, there's no reason to put a good quality bridge like GE1996T on shitty FR Special level studs.

EDIT: I just saw you wrote "betting" and not "getting"... I just woke up
I've been off Strats for awhile... but if I were to get one, I would have to check this one out. I love the shit out of it. Just need to change the bridge and pickups.

Unfortunately my Les Paul/Singlecut love is stopping that from happening, as well as my recent AX8 purchase. :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Well... Just asking, is the reverse headstock the main attraction for you?

Getting new bridge and pickups... You could as well save a little longer get a proper Charvel So-Cal instead. I can't imagine these Squiers being of same quality as those.
They are not infintely more expensive than this Squier.

Since you live in the US, you could as well make yourself a Warmoth, a bare maple neck (or with rosewood) and tung-oil wont be that expensive.
Bodies of all sorts of finishes are sold at decent prices in their showcase.

But that's if you're up for screwing it together yourself, I have no idea if you're into partscaster building :)

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
That's not my main feature. My "main preference" is a dive-only Floyd Rose.

Actually my preferences are like this:

1. Dive-only Floyd Rose = feels solid like hardtail, but you can still do awesome divebombs and shit when needed
2. Hardtail = no fiddling around, just make metal
3. Evertune = For recording it's wonderful, and live gigs. But they are kind of fiddly when changing strings, and doesn't sustain as much as Floyds and hardtails. Nothing I mind when recording rhythms tho.
4. Floating Floyd Rose = I love this too but I grew out of it. I like these mostly for gentle trem use, like in soft clean parts, because you can wiggle it a little up and down. Not possible with dive-only.

I'm not a fan of strat trems, (they are just boring!!! See no point in having less range than Floyd Rose) and I can live without tune-o-matics. I dont dislike TOMs but... Yeah I dont need it.
I was messing with you hence the :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts