Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So after both I and Steven Slate customer support failed at helping me with my SSD4 problems I decided to try something new

My main rig is a "homebuilt" PC with good enough specs for me
I also have a laptop with Cubase 7 installed, but it's old and was cheap to begin with so it's quite "crappy"

Both are Windows 7 64-bit and have Cubase 7 64-bit installed

Main rig = SSD4 doens't fucking work
Laptop = IT ACTUALLY WORKS :scratch:

But my laptop can barely handle a simple EQ plugin before it get's overloaded, so I never use it for any real productions.:noway:

I want it to work on my main rig, what should I do??:ugh:

(yeah I have mail contact with SSD support but maybe somebody else have any ideas too) :ugh:

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
What did they say about the refund?

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Driver issue? I don't know, that's weird.
Cubase, Windows or SSD driver?

Since both laptop and main rig is Win7 and Cubase 7 (both updated to latest) I don't see why one works and one not... :(

Especially since when I first installed SSD4 on Cubase it at least showed up, but couldn't recognize the license file.
Then after a couple of restarts trying to get the license file to work the SSD plugin now simply freezes Cubase instead of showing up...
It freezes when I try to add the plugin on a channel.

It's super fucking weird. I do the same thing on laptop when installing and it works there... So at least I'm not too stupid to do it right :(

Reinstall Windows?
Doesn't that mean I have to go through reinstalling and trying to figure out activation codes for diverse VST plugins and stuff? :scratch:

·
Read Only
3 Posts
RR - what do you have installed/running on the desktop that isn't on the laptop, it seems like you have some sort of compatibility problem going on.

The only thing I can suggest is to isolate the issue, by doing this on the studio machine:
  1. Uninstall your DAW, all plugins and SSD on the desktop
  2. Reinstall your DAW
  3. Reinstall SSD only
  4. Test
  5. If it works, install your other plugins one at a time testing each step

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
Blam ^^^ What Matt said. Uninstall and re-install one at a time to see if you can locate the conflict or where the problem is coming from, then go from there.

I was busting your balls before, sorry, I been waiting at least 2 days to say that joke somewhere.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
The other thing you could do of course is program your drums using some other kit, export the MIDI, import it into a project on your laptop, load the SSD kit you like, print it to .wav as stems, and import the stems (individual kick, snare, hihat, etc tracks) as wave files into your mix on your main rig, and mix them normally there.

Sounds like a pain in the ass, but it's actually pretty straightforward.

·
Super Moderator
8,320 Posts
I'm not sure I dare to do that in case I forget some activation code or something for a plug in, especially now when I'm in the final stages of 3 album recordings :O
Well, you've exhausted all suggestions. Matt's and Adam's suggestions are the most robust ways of troubleshooting this, and, if you don't want to try them, I don't see how anybody else can help you.

That is a fairly weak reason not to try, though. I guess despite your thousand threads on this subject, it's not such a huge deal to have this mystical and totally unique snare.

·
Read Only
3 Posts
At this point my suggestion would be to export your snare file, load it in a DAW on your laptop, trigger the snare, bounce it to a file and then copy it to your studio machine. It will be a pain in the ass, but given that you have projects in progress, that's the only thing I can think to do until you can reinstall everything on your machine.

And despite some of the snarky comments here :squint:, you're right, it's probably not your fault. There's probably just some conflict between one plugin you have installed (or had installed) and the SSD plugin.

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Actually I might go ahead and just re-install Cubase 7 after all. I remember I did some .wav mixdowns of all Drumagogged tracks on a recording so I should be safe with that project, and another one only really have like 2 drumagog tracks and those should be super easy to re-do if necessary.

Hmmm, I can save all ongoing (there's more than my 3 main albums being recording) projects on a external harddrive as well before proceeding

But im also waiting for a SSD development team to help out and would be pretty stupid if they come to help while I'm re-installing cubase and stuff...

Hmmmm!!!!

·
Read Only
3 Posts
Actually I might go ahead and just re-install Cubase 7 after all. I remember I did some .wav mixdowns of all Drumagogged tracks on a recording so I should be safe with that project, and another one only really have like 2 drumagog tracks and those should be super easy to re-do if necessary.

Hmmm, I can save all ongoing (there's more than my 3 main albums being recording) projects on a external harddrive as well before proceeding

But im also waiting for a SSD development team to help out and would be pretty stupid if they come to help while I'm re-installing cubase and stuff...

Hmmmm!!!!
It's never a bad idea to put everything on an external hard drive for backup. I'd wait on the SSD dev team, but while you're waiting, make a back up!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts