Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I've asked this before, but searching is for people who don't have shiny red names. :fawk:

I use Reaper, obviously, and load my VST/VSTis in it. Is there something smaller, and a little more lightweight that can run 'em as well?

Specifically, I'd like to be able to load things like Kontakt, Kore, and my piano VSTs in it.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's not really a concern, and if it's running in a separate piece of software, it's not going to save any CPU. One of the things I'd like to do is to run the VSTs on my laptop, and send that output into my DAW via my interface.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So you want to basically use your Laptop for all your VSTs and send those to your PC/DAW? Check out Reamote. You would basically use your laptop as a VST slave. I never got around to trying it personally.
I hadn't thought of that - thanks dude.

Right now I can use DKFH remotely with Solo, and the Kore standalone as well. I think I should be all set, but I suppose if I REALLY need to run something else, I can just load Reaper on my laptop.

As I'm finishing up the first really full track for my album, I'm noticing that my track count is going way the fuck up. I'm not worried about resources, my machine is pretty solid, (and recording software in general has come a long way) but being able to offload DKFH and the Synths to my laptop is pretty sweet. The biggest perk is that once Reaper loads and all the plugins and tracks and shit are up, the VST windows always seem to get buried.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I haven't tried yet, but I'm going to fiddle with it right now. :quagmire:

This right here is pretty cool:

Reliability: if a ReaMote slave needs to go away, FX assigned to it will automatically run locally (and the user will be notified)

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You can use it over wireless, but I don't think you can use it to remotely record your session in two places at once. I think it's just for external VST processing. When you open ReaMote, it doesn't even spawn Reaper.

Don't quote me on that though. :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts