Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Have you ever just sat around and thought "you know, I really wish I could give more of my money to George Lucas"?
No. I stopped reading the article after this :lol:

·
Registered
219 Posts
I really don't have a problem with this. They're not inserting any more ridiculous ghost Anakins than they already have. This is more the equivalent of watching the originals on Laserdisc instead of Beat back in the 80's. It's just different presentation medium.

But I will do my part and go see it. I heard George Lucas is down to something like 8,000 calories a day because he can't afford any more with the few billion dollars he has, so I will donate to the food drive.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Keep in mind the Blu-Rays will come out next year, and then the 3D Blu-Rays will come out the year or two following. Fucking scam.

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,836 Posts
if it wasnt a world wide phenom that a gazillion people didnt love and buy every stupid peice of merch that is made, then i could say they are squeezing money out of the franchise. but people still buy the stuff, so why not make it. its just really hip to hate george lucas i think.

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
I'm with you, Chris. I have no complaints about George's recent work. As a Star Wars fan, it's all good.

·
Habitual Line Stepper
490 Posts
I can't wait until the 3d fad is over.

The big complaint I have is that it was not originally shot to be in 3d. Only a few movies have been (Avatar) Have you ever tried to watch a 3d movie that the 3d aspect was decided after the movie was shot? (Clash of the Titans)....It is just a fucking blurry mess. Terrible Idea.

3d needs to be done right in the first place or not done at all.

I will be grabbing the Blu-Ray set for sure

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I can't wait until the 3d fad is over.

The big complaint I have is that it was not originally shot to be in 3d. Only a few movies have been (Avatar) Have you ever tried to watch a 3d movie that the 3d aspect was decided after the movie was shot? (Clash of the Titans)....It is just a fucking blurry mess. Terrible Idea.

3d needs to be done right in the first place or not done at all.
This is a SURE sign of the freaking apocalypse, I agree with you. Though whether shot that way or not 3d STILL sucks :lol:

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
3D sucks. 3D Star Wars will suck. Indiana is still hurting from the raping he's received. This is an old codger moment for me, but I just don't approve. It's not the money - go for it, man, whatever. It's just that we can't stop rehashing good old things.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
This is a SURE sign of the freaking apocalypse, I agree with you. Though whether shot that way or not 3d STILL sucks :lol:
Gonna have to disagree with that one, since no matter what you thought of the script or acting, Avatar was an absolutely stunning movie to watch. I stopped noticing it was 3D after fifteen minutes, since it integrated everything in a very natural, subtle way.

Star Wars 3D is gonna suck. Especially since we're gonna get the extra scenes added, new special effects, Han didn't shoot first, Hayden Christensen as a ghost versions.

·
Uses more gain than you.
4,377 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.4; U; Series60/5.0 Nokia5800d-1b/40.2.005; Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413)

Fucking fail of epic proportions. Here's an idea, do something new in the SW canon, like maybe past the original trilogy, rather than milking the old cow. :(

·
MAMMALHAMMER
520 Posts
The main problem with 3D that I've seen is that if it wasn't shot in 3D it ends appearing as a flat background, a level of flat objects/subjects and then another level of flat objects/subjects. Awful is the easiest way to describe it. Any attempt at correcting that issue is really ugly. Maybe the remaster of the star wars films will revolutionize the technology that is used for the conversion, if it doesn't though it will look bad.

That being said I've seen it done right before and I like it. In an Imax you cringe and cover your face when something flies towards your head.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Fucking fail of epic proportions. Here's an idea, do something new in the SW canon, like maybe past the original trilogy, rather than milking the old cow. :(
Yeah could I get a fucking Old Republic Trilogy up in here? Or some of that awesome Timothy Zahn chasing-the-remants-of-the-Empire-to-the-Outer-Rim shit. Moff wars, building the New Republic from scratch, Han tapping Leia all over the place with a hydrospanner :)lol:), Luke building a Jedi temple and searching the Galaxy for wandering Force users... COME ON. :scream:

·
Uses more gain than you.
4,377 Posts
Yeah could I get a fucking Old Republic Trilogy up in here? Or some of that awesome Timothy Zahn chasing-the-remants-of-the-Empire-to-the-Outer-Rim shit. Moff wars, building the New Republic from scratch, Han tapping Leia all over the place with a hydrospanner :)lol:), Luke building a Jedi temple and searching the Galaxy for wandering Force users... COME ON. :scream:
There's so much they could do with this, that would be new and fresh, even going outside the current character base, but yet they don't even try.

I have the "Original Theatrical Versions" on DVD. I won't watch any other versions, as they're fucked.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts