Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
$15 new at Gamestop, and all sorts of fun. It's a total bastardization for most Star Wars fans, and way too easy, but who the hell cares when it's a hoot to play. :lol:

You're almost immediately overpowered, and all you do is just kick the shit out of stuff with cool force powers and stab shit/throw your lightsaber around. And you play as a Sith. :metal:

This quote from another site sums it up. :lol:

The game reads like it was written like an erotic fanfic.

Our mary sue Main character is so awesome, hes even named Starkiller. I'm pretty sure when he goes Dark lord, his Sith name will be Darth Hugecock. Cause thats how totally awesome he is.
Spot on, basically. Fun as hell. :D

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
:lol: Yeah, I bought this game when it came out and sold it right after I beat it. It was awesome for one or two playthroughs, but I wouldn't want to play it anymore than that. Playing the game through with your Sith appearance and a black light saber with all your powers after you beat the game is pretty awesome.

There were some serious problems with some of the controls for this game, which is why it got such bad ratings, and there were a few really really really annoying levels (like when you have to pull down the star destroyer with the force), but overall, I enjoyed it and it was really cool with all the stuff you can do.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, it has it's flaws, but I chalk it up to being an older game. I can't wait to get that black lightsaber. :lol: I just finished the second trip to the plant-place where you fight the chick and the Bull Rancor.

Will definitely play through it at least twice. :D

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Star Wars games always make me wanna play KoTOR (original obviously, fuck II)

This one wasn't awful, but there it's definitely easy and you pretty much just have to fuck shit up over and over. The Star Destroyer level was annoying as FUCK as was a later part in the game where guys came at you constantly as well as AT-STs. God do I not miss playing those parts.

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,837 Posts
cool game play, horrible for the timeline continuim(i'm the biggest star wars nerd on this site, bar none :lol:) but still fun and different.
But hey, its starwars, which makes it automatically rule

·
Banned
7,428 Posts

This one wasn't awful, but there it's definitely easy and you pretty much just have to fuck shit up over and over. The Star Destroyer level was annoying as FUCK as was a later part in the game where guys came at you constantly as well as AT-STs. God do I not miss playing those parts.
Fuck yes, the original KOTOR was so sick. I loved it, the storyline was awesome and I didn't see you being Revan (or w/e his name was) at all. It was really long as well.

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
Agreed. KOTOR 2 wasn't too bad, just the cliffhanger ending and the last planet being totally rushed and incomplete were bad. Never end a game on a cliffhanger if you're not going to make a sequel. Bastards.

I liked TFU. The star destroyer level does suck, you just have to watch the ship and not those on screen icons so much.

TFU was a good game, loved the story and the cutscenes. Levels looked nice too. Still the combat wasn't up to the Jedi Knight series, which really felt like you were using the powers correctly, if that makes sense.

Good news is there looks to be another Jedi Knight game coming soon (E3 rumor) so we'll have to see.

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
I think the only part I didn't like about KoTOR I was Manaan or whatever it was called. Fucking fish people :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
don't like being a lawyer on fish planet? No doubt. That planet was a chore. especially the long=ass underwated section and then the taxing puzzle with the tanks.

·
El Kabong
5,037 Posts
I was really surprised at how much fun I had with it when I borrowed it from my friend. I liked it so much that I even allowed said friend's wife to goad me into beating the game and getting everything in jedi master mode or whatever it was called. Does this version include the new missions, or is that a DLC that needs to be purchased? Or was your $15 version used?

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
The only DLC I ever purchased for it was the Jedi Temple mission. It was pricey at $10 but the insight it gives you into the Jedi Trials was simply awesome. It mirrored what Luke went through in the cave in ESB.

·
EMERRRRRRRY!
720 Posts
I believe the sequel is coming soon Chris so if you liked this one hopefully the next one is even better. I played through TFU twice and liked it but had the same annoying problems everyone else listed already. :lol: Always down for a fun Star Wars title though. :D

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So the Tattoine DLC is pretty cool. It assumes you went evil at the end of the main game, and you see Jaba the Hutt and Boba Fett.

Unfortunately, it's maybe 20 minutes fucking long, and costs $10. :lol: What a ripoff. :noway:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Yep. Also note that there is a second one coming out soon, and I'm pretty sure it assumes the 'good' ending since the 'bad' ending DLC ends with you rampaging through Hoth and killing Luke.

...which begs the question of how the fuck you survived...

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm playing the Hoth DLC right now. This game must both enrage and delight Star Wars geeks everywhere. So far I've killed Obi Wan and Boba Fett, and just kicked the shit out of Luke Skywalker and made him my bitch, before he ran away.

The DLC dialog is horrible too. :lol:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:lol: :lol: So at the end of the Hoth DLC, Luke Skywalker becomes Starkiller (aka Darth Hugecock)'s apprentice?

This is awesome. :lol:

·
Its Nis Pe, bitch!
605 Posts
At this point its safe to assume this is basically fan fiction in video game form :lol: I agree though, this game is pretty awesome :yesway:

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
nah you guys are dwelling on the dark side ending. The game has two.

The light-side ending is actually canon. So Lucas says. IIRC the only non-lucas written canon is this game and the book Shadows of the Empire.

Even KOTOR isn't truly canon, which I'd say is a shame because it's the only piece of work that stacks up evenly with the original two movies (IV and V).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.