Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Not that I wasn't onboard after TFA, but yeah, this looks great already.

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
Looks like the third flick in as many years they've absolutely nailed. The tone of the modern SW movies is so much more serious than a decade ago and has this awesome sense of adventure to it.

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Saw that a couple hours ago when they first put it on YouTube.

Just Yessssssssssssssssssss. (TM)

·
Arrr, Matey!
1,798 Posts
For someone who's seen the original trilogy probably 20+ years ago at this point, and wants to get the most out of the new movies, what is the best path to watch them in to be ready for this one to release? I did enjoy the originals and really don't have a good reason why I haven't kept up with them, so I won't bother making excuses, but I'd like to catch this one in the theater.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
For someone who's seen the original trilogy probably 20+ years ago at this point, and wants to get the most out of the new movies, what is the best path to watch them in to be ready for this one to release? I did enjoy the originals and really don't have a good reason why I haven't kept up with them, so I won't bother making excuses, but I'd like to catch this one in the theater.
Machete Order.

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
I second Machete order. IV-V-II-III-VI. Then VII and Rogue One. Though the Maul/Obi Wan duel in I is pretty great, the rest of the movie makes zero sense.

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I second Machete order. IV-V-II-III-VI. Then VII and Rogue One. Though the Maul/Obi Wan duel in I is pretty great, the rest of the movie makes zero sense.
:wub:

I've been saying this to people for years, and they always go "Yeah, but what about 1?" to which that's my default response. One has nothing to add to the story besides "Hey, here's this kid who's supposed to bring balance to the Force and now he's with the Jedi." The fact that you can sum it up in one sentence says a lot about it :lol:

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
:wub:

I've been saying this to people for years, and they always go "Yeah, but what about 1?" to which that's my default response. One has nothing to add to the story besides "Hey, here's this kid who's supposed to bring balance to the Force and now he's with the Jedi." The fact that you can sum it up in one sentence says a lot about it :lol:
The logic leaps in that flick just kill me. Why would you land a droid army half a planet away from the people you're trying to invade? So far away that your stow-aways have to go through the planet core to get to the people you're invading. None of that movie makes sense.

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The logic leaps in that flick just kill me. Why would you land a droid army half a planet away from the people you're trying to invade? So far away that your stow-aways have to go through the planet core to get to the people you're invading. None of that movie makes sense.
..Or the part where there's a planet who's core you CAN travel through? :lol:

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts
1.) YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!

2.) If you rewatch, just ditch the "prequel-trilogy". I'd say just start with Rogue One, then go onward. :D

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
1.) YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!

2.) If you rewatch, just ditch the "prequel-trilogy". I'd say just start with Rogue One, then go onward. :D
As bad as II is, II and III do add to the backstory quite a bit. III is actually pretty good if you get past some of the cringier moments.

·
Read Only
2,581 Posts
As bad as II is, II and III do add to the backstory quite a bit. III is actually pretty good if you get past some of the cringier moments.
Palpatines flying 1080 move was awesome. And Anakin when he becomes darth vader we all know from the sequels was awesome. The prequels werent amazing but they had moments needed to tell the story.

·
18,790 Posts
Looks promising.

There will almost definitely be people saying "Oh, she's learning Jedi stuff? Total Empire ripoff," as if that's not the logical progression of the archetype, or like the original trilogy didn't follow classic archetypes as well. (sorry, I'm surrounded by people who won't shut up about how "The Force Awakens was literally just A New Hope" :lol: )

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
I really like III. I think that II is decent, but has horrible dialogue and some lackluster moments. Like most people, I don't like I, although it has a few cool scenes such as the fight with Darth Maul and I personally liked the pod race (but not the stuff surrounding it).

When The Force Awakens came out, I thought "It's good, but I actually liked Revenge of the Sith better." Rogue One, though, I think is better than any of the prequels.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts