Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I'm torn. Should I watch this or go in blind?

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I am sad that we haven't yet had any truly iconic ship designs in the new trilogy. Pretty much just updates to existing stuff.

I do wonder if that weird-ass Resistance Bomber thing will look better in the film than it does in its Lego incarnation :lol:

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
I went in to TFA with only the teaser and first trailer under my belt, and got everything I wanted and more; to the point where I made it my go-to approach for all new movies. Sure, I'm turning on my 'Old Man Mode' but seriously, nowadays we're getting teasers for teasers, and then multiple trailers in our own country, let alone international trailers that come out - to the point where you've basically seen the movie and can hit the plot points.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
The Force Awakens was decent at best, and this trailer is not really making me want to see this in the theater. :shrug:

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
^Rogue One was pretty fantastic though, which I of course skipped in theaters. I fell asleep during Force awakens. Chances are I won't see this in theaters unless invited but I have high hopes for it.
Oh, Rogue One was completely awesome. That's right behind Empire for best Star Wars movie ever. The universe was gritty, the bad guys were unequivocally evil, and the rebels barely won the day by the skin of their teeth (and great personal loss). Force Awakens just felt like a rehash of all the New Hope plot points, which is probably why I don't give a shit about Rey training with Luke or Kylo as a bad guy. Hell, Han Solo was such a horribly cliched version of himself that I'm glad they killed him off.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
I thought The Force Awakens was great, not sure what the dislike is about. :lol:

I don't WANT simple, purely evil bad guys. I mean, I think one of the things that makes Darth Vader such an awesome villian is because he's NOT a simple, purely evil bad guy. I don't think that's a fair criticism to make at Force Awakens or thing to praise Rogue One for, considering the history of the series.

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
I don't WANT simple, purely evil bad guys. I mean, I think one of the things that makes Darth Vader such an awesome villian is because he's NOT a simple, purely evil bad guy. I don't think that's a fair criticism to make at Force Awakens or thing to praise Rogue One for, considering the history of the series.
Kylo Ren wasn't purely or even nuanced evil. He was a 'mad at dad' emo kid.

·
18,790 Posts
I thought The Force Awakens was great, not sure what the dislike is about. :lol:

Darth was pure evil bad guy in A New Hope, and didn't really show any inkling of anything else until Jedi, IIRC. Especially if you blacked out between 1997 and 2005.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.