Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Band went on at 12:30, opened with a Poison cover (nothing but a good time), and in the ~hour and a half set they did I'd say they only played maybe 7 songs tops. Way too much talking - they do a 20 minute comedy shtick between each song. :\ And they didn't play Death to all but Metal.

Still had a good time, but a bit disappointing. :\

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
WTF? Why the hell would someone want to listen to a band talk? And how do you NOT play the one song that everyone knows? :noway:

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
WTF? Why the hell would someone want to listen to a band talk? And how do you NOT play the one song that everyone knows? :noway:
I could understand if they were a legitimate band sick of that one song, but when you're a bunch of dudes parodising modern metal and obviously just having a laugh you can't start having 'standards' about what you play, since it is what made you popular! And bands talking = :noway:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
And bands talking = :noway:
I always thought the worst for it was Phil Anselmo. Dude, no one wants to hear your dumb ******* shtick about moshing and being metal. We don't care. You wee always the weakest part of every single band you've been in, so shut the fuck up.

·
Tune It Lower
1,114 Posts
...you're a bunch of dudes parodising modern metal
:scratch: Don't you mean parodizing a 20+ year past-dead subgene of metal? Maybe that's why I don't find these dudes at all funny... they're essentially making jokes about Reaganomics, the USSR, and Spuds Spuds MacKenzie in 2010. :shrug:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In their defense, SP is more of a Vegas act than a concert. It's a 20 minute comedy routine between each song. I didn't know that going in, I guess. But no DTABM? What the fuck?

Fuckers can play though, I'll say. Guitarist was absolutely on fire all night, dude has some pretty beast chops.

·
Tune It Lower
1,114 Posts
^
Well, Russ Parrish had chops back in the nineties when he had a real name, and was in a band I could stomach. :lol: But, seriously, Fight was fantastic... better than Priest in my opinion:

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
Man, that is disappointing...

For me the comedy I have a hard time enjoying the band. Some of it is legitimately funny, however, comedy & music gets old for me after a while.

I figured there show would be crazy and maybe having a guest show up like Nuno or something like that.

·
Banned
835 Posts
I realise that this thread is six years old, but hey-ho so is this video and it's a good response to Chris' piss poor grammar in the OP

Dear America... | David Mitchell's SoapBox - YouTube
He said he "could give a shit", which excludes the possibility that he does, so that is technically not equivalent.

What's with people giving shits to each other, anyway? That's fucking disgusting.

·
Not baked anymore.
3,555 Posts
Interesting to see how they've changed up their shows. When I caught them last year they did a whole on show with maybe 25-30 mins of talking between songs total...and closed with "Death To All But Metal". My only gripe was that Starr's vocals were all on tape. They kept making jokes about it and it took me a little while to realize it, but they were definitely all being sung by a space bar.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
I had one superfluous comma, go fuck yourself. :lol:
I think he is referring to the fact that you clearly meant "couldn't give a shit", but both are acceptable, in the same way "irregardless"/"regardless" have gone on to mean the same thing in casual conversation because America doesn't care about silly rules like grammar and doesn't spell stuff with extra letters.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think he is referring to the fact that you clearly meant "couldn't give a shit", but both are acceptable, in the same way "irregardless"/"regardless" have gone on to mean the same thing in casual conversation because America doesn't care about silly rules like grammar and doesn't spell stuff with extra letters.
I couldn't give a shit about what he meant. His country lost the war and had their tea dumped in the harbor by my ancestors. And it has a queen.

·
Premium Member
1,225 Posts
His country lost the war and had their tea dumped in the harbor by my ancestors. And it has a queen.
Two points. One: It is clear that this question has now been answered:

The answer is :chris:

Two: It is "had a Queen". "Queen and Paul Rodgers" and "Queen and Adam Lambert" ≠ Queen

HRH Liz has been most excellent, but her progeny... :noplease: Kate MILFleton or no Kate MILFleton.

:uk:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts