·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have cabinets already, so I'm not looking for speakers. Just a portable, stereo power amp.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Wouldn't it be amazing if the 2:90 came in a box the size of a quilter pedal? Totally impossible, but hey one can dream.
Well, you just need to map the EQ response of the 2:90, and figure out how to apply it with either soft/firmware, then toss that in front of a small Class D amp :)

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
There's a feel to that amp though that transcends EQ curves.
While that's true, there is no magic. You simply need to map the relationship between input and output, then replicate it digitally beyond what the human ear can discern. Kinda like what the AxeFx3 does :p

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
I dont know about stereo power amp little pedals but you could just use two little pedals? Depending on how much they draw you might even put them on one power strip that lets you turn them on/off together.

·
Registered
31 Posts
While that's true, there is no magic. You simply need to map the relationship between input and output, then replicate it digitally beyond what the human ear can discern. Kinda like what the AxeFx3 does :p
yes... simply...
1. IR generation... Generating IRs w/ a freq. sweep? use a rock crusher to get a line out? sweep the rock crusher to cancel out the load box influence. Preform in different configurations with the three modes and different presence and volume settings.
2. then computer magic to make that into a IR... then more computer magic to put that into a chip that sits in front of a Class D with knobs and switches?
3. ????
4. :eddie:

yes.. simply... all I got is a 2:90 and limited supply of magic. :(

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I dont know about stereo power amp little pedals but you could just use two little pedals? Depending on how much they draw you might even put them on one power strip that lets you turn them on/off together.
I emailed Quilter and asked them why they didn't make a stereo amp for guys with Fractals and Kempers and everything else (as there is clearly a market for it) and they said the same, "Just get two!"

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
yes... simply...
1. IR generation... Generating IRs w/ a freq. sweep? use a rock crusher to get a line out? sweep the rock crusher to cancel out the load box influence. Preform in different configurations with the three modes and different presence and volume settings.
2. then computer magic to make that into a IR... then more computer magic to put that into a chip that sits in front of a Class D with knobs and switches?
3. ????
4. :eddie:

yes.. simply... all I got is a 2:90 and limited supply of magic. :(
:lol:

Or, just lug the 2:90 around :wub:

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
I emailed Quilter and asked them why they didn't make a stereo amp for guys with Fractals and Kempers and everything else (as there is clearly a market for it) and they said the same, "Just get two!"
It does seem like something that makes sense for modellers. Two EH 44 Magnums is still cheaper than one Seymour Duncan Powerstage, though the Powerstage seems really nice.

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The powerstage is mono though. The Carvin is 50W per side stereo, and if you get the Thomann version it's $130 bucks delivered right now.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I use a Fryette PowerStage PS2. Both a tube power amp, plus an attenuator. It works are a power amp, power booster for a low watt head, and an attenuator for that cranked sound at bedroom levels.

·
Not baked anymore.
3,555 Posts
I'm thinking of grabbing the HB to hold me over a while until I decide on what I want to use with my AxeFX rig. I'm leaning towards a 2:90 but also might go the Matrix route. I suppose my only concern is buying something this cheap with the fear it's going to fuck up and fry something.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.