Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My question is how? I think the answer may somehow be related to the profit they made on their capital gains, but I'm not sure. Can anyone shed light into how this works (or link to an article)? Thanks.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
They were already rich when they agreed to $1 salaries, and they accept compensation in the form of stock (as you mentioned) which drives them to make the company as profitable as possible so that they may rake the proceeds in.

Jobs also got in trouble for "timing" the date at which the stock options were pegged for himself and his executives, which means that with insider knowledge of performance he was able to peg the most profitable "buy" dates for the options and thereby enhance executive compensations dramatically. I forgot the term for this.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
It's more of a gesture of "I have all of this already. I dont need to be taking money out of my company's bottom line"

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Nah, they got it all on bonuses and other compensation. Calculating executive compensation packages is rather complex and you can make a lot of money as a consultant doing that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.