Metal Guitarist Forums banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,895 Posts
No. Maestro Steven Wilson is a voice of change.

In this masterpiece he says, "I'm tired of Facebook". A year later, millions of people have deleted their Facebook accounts. COINCIDENCE?????????
Ignoring the rest of your post, how fucking spectacular is this song?

Especially in comparison to how boring the video is? :lol:

·
Banned
21,819 Posts
So we've arrived at the conclusion of, "Steven Wilson has is head up his own ass, but it's really progressive in there"?
:lol: yes.

My biggest complaint about Steven Wilson's songwriting is mentioning things like iPods and Facebook really brings me out of the song and feels dated immediately :lol:
"XBox is a god to me"

Motherfucker, XBox One is out now, and even that's lost to the PS4. :lol:

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
15,059 Posts
My biggest complaint about Steven Wilson's songwriting is mentioning things like iPods and Facebook really brings me out of the song and feels dated immediately :lol:
Yeah but he talks shit on Pearl Jam in the same song, so they are actually his best lyrics, that's the best thing about Steven Wilson. He's a dick, but anyone who hates Pearl Jam as much as me is alright in my book.

He could do the most pretentious, self important, borderline unlistenable album of all time, and as long as it included enough Pearl Jam hate I would confidently declare it "Album of the Decade".

·
Read Only
7,947 Posts
"XBox is a god to me"

Motherfucker, XBox One is out now, and even that's lost to the PS4. :lol:
"Xbox" has 100% replaced "Nintendo" as the term your grandmother uses for all video games, from candy crush to Oculus Rift. :lol:

Steven Wilson is a whiny grandma shaking her fist at the kids these days with their hippity hop and skateboards, is what I'm saying. Still rights the occasional good tune though.

·
Dead & likes Rendang
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
So we've arrived at the conclusion of, "Steven Wilson has is head up his own ass, but it's really progressive in there"?
Yes. Perhaps it may be cozy and there's some interesting conversation pieces in there to ignore all the stains of blood feces and the odd dead semen. I think there was a Bioshock Infinite review that ended similarly.

·
Obsessed by day glo Green
2,858 Posts
see, I like people who are up their own arsehole and say things that piss people off if t's backed by spectacular music. Yeah, he's opinionated etc, but he just reminds me of a show gaze dave mustaine (when mustaine was at the height of his powers in terms of just picking fights with everyone)

Also, playing guitar barefoot, why? I've seen Bill Steer do it, which, you know, is more of an influence to want to give it a go, but you'd need to really put a lot of safe guards on pedals as some of them are not going to be nice on your feet unless you make the buttons nicer... Is it so you can adjust settings on the fly with your toes? Or is there another magical hippy reason i don't understand?

·
המרחב וה
2,073 Posts
How did he produce Opeth then? :lol:

·
Dream Crusher
21,038 Posts
I love his music, but my wife refuses to go to another concert of his because of his stage demeanor combined with the fact that the song Routine, live, for someone who has no idea what to expect, is a deeply emotionally scarring experience, followed by like 2 more hours of music with no chance to recover :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,079 Posts
see, I like people who are up their own arsehole and say things that piss people off if t's backed by spectacular music. Yeah, he's opinionated etc, but he just reminds me of a show gaze dave mustaine (when mustaine was at the height of his powers in terms of just picking fights with everyone)
The thing that gets me about him is that nothing he says is particularly risky. Between the attempts at forcibly making his audience feel sad, he just says a bunch of stuff that everyone already kind of knows in a way that makes him sound like he was the first to discover it. Sometimes people play too much xbox? No shit.

It's the musical equivalent of some thirteen-year-old who just read The Onion for the first time writing a scathing, multi-paragraph indictment of "those idiots in Washington" on his facebook page.

The man writes some cool tunes, but, god, he's just the worst.

·
Premium Member
33,895 Posts
I love his music, but my wife refuses to go to another concert of his because of his stage demeanor combined with the fact that the song Routine, live, for someone who has no idea what to expect, is a deeply emotionally scarring experience, followed by like 2 more hours of music with no chance to recover :lol:
:lol:

I will concede that I liked him live the most during the Deadwing tour, where he was starting to perform with an honest to god rock/metal band, but one that, while deadly serious, also seemed to be having a blast playing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
But if Steven Wilson had his head up his ass and started singing, the sound waves would travel through his butt and back through is mouth, and then back into his butt. The subtle delay produced by this would sound somewhat chorus-like, and we all know how much Famous Rockstar Steven Wilson hates chorus. Therefore Steven Wilson cannot have his head up his ass. Checkmate
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 His voice would be chor-assed.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts