Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously, I am inside the fucking thunderstorm of doom, and I don't have a tripod. :mad: I managed to get one pic of the lightning from my room and that's it - it's harder than you might think! I stood outside until it started pouring and missed a shitload of shots because my shutter wasn't fast enough, or my hand was getting tired. :lol:

Anyway, ubersunset + bad lightning pic.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's right on top of my head, but all the outside lights are on now, and it's POURING. :mad: It's seriously non-stop thunder/lightning, but I can't seem to get a shot. I have a wacky book + pillow + suitcase setup aimed out my window, all the lights off, and my remote control in my hand. :lol:

·
Read Only
1 Posts
Girl I work with had her house hit by lightning last week. It fried every electrical device in her house - computers, appliances, TVs, furnace everything is shot. It did like 25k damage.

Chris thos pics are great I like #4 in the first set a lot

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
:lol: That's actually a streetlight.
I figured that out after I posted it, but I thought it was pretty fuckin awesome looking :lol: Should chop out the street light post, it'd be the most epic sun picture ever :lol:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Wow, those are awesome pictures.

I need a camera with a remote control, too. :lol: I can't really do long exposure shots like that without a tripod because even simply depressing the button to open the shutter makes me move the camera ever so slightly - I just can't keep my hands perfectly still long enough either.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Man that was a pansy ass storm. The storms we used to get back when monsoon actually deserved to be its own season were scary. I remember trying to get the corregated fiberglass roof on a fort we built out of aluminum aframes and 2x4s in 40 mph winds. Pansies

1 - 16 of 16 Posts