Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·

745 Posts
Pretty cool :) Devin Townsend is intriguing me more and more every time I hear his music :)
but staying on the subject of instrumentals - I still love

I know it may seem like a heresy for many of you guys, but I love Train of Thought as it brought me to DT's music :)

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
I need to give a good listen to devin townsend's non-SYL stuff soon. I want to write some ambient groovy sometimes-heavy stuff, and I think that's a decent place to start.

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I need to give a good listen to devin townsend's non-SYL stuff soon. I want to write some ambient groovy sometimes-heavy stuff, and I think that's a decent place to start.
He'd definitely fall into that category, though mostly his stuff leans towards the heavy, wall of sound kind of thing, it still has a certain groove (more of a "flow" really, likes waves...it's...hard to explain :lol: ). If you're used to SYL, then Synchestra's a good intro as it sounds sort of like "The New Black" except happier (The New White, if you will :lol: ).

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
I'm not used to SYL, though my roomie let me borrow some albums - I haven't given them much of a spin yet. I can't remember of he has the solo stuff or not tho.

gave this track a listen, pretty good :yesway:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.