Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Third Street Saint
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the three from this week...just waiting on my customs after this and maybe 1 more if I'm lucky as all hell. That's it, tho. I promise. What do you mean I'm lying??? Why I oughta! I'll give you the back o' mah hand!........ok. Pics time.

Ibanez PL2660 (with a nice new set of EMG-X's 85 neck 81 bridge)

Ibanez Maxxas MX-2

Ibanez RG410 (a cheapy cheap one at 225 bucks)

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
That's got to be an OLD RG, it has the Roadstar headstock.

·
Third Street Saint
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's got to be an OLD RG, it has the Roadstar headstock.
Yup, this guitars is post Edge bridge but pre-pointy Ibanez headstock. Some Ibby's were getting the headstock but they probably decided to use all the blade headstock necks they had before doing it all point.

Do the put the output jack in the right spot? its hard to tell in that picture.
I can't remember. I use to have the PL1660(bolt on version) and I think it was on the bottom.
Donnie is right. Jack is on the bottom of the lower horn. Neck through alder body with ebony board is a whole lotta win.

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
I'd rather have it on the butt of the lower point but I can deal with it on the bottom. My Carvin V220 has it on the bottom and while it is annoying, the overall awesomeness of the guitar makes up for it.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
I'd rather have it on the butt of the lower point but I can deal with it on the bottom. My Carvin V220 has it on the bottom and while it is annoying, the overall awesomeness of the guitar makes up for it.
Anywhere but the lower horn :lol: even on the back of the guitar somewhere is cool.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Anywhere but the lower horn :lol: even on the back of the guitar somewhere is cool.
:agreed:

No matter where you put it on the lower horn, it is in the way.

·
Third Street Saint
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Has that Maxxas ever been played?
Yup, it's got a chip in the bridge cavity and a few dings here and there but didn't make it down to the wood. Otherwise, it's in excellent shape and goes well with my Maxxas MX-3 in red.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts