Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
I'm not even gonna try to top that, since that whole inward-breathing thing sounds like a black hole feeding on a giant star. I will, however, load the thread up with more awesome wails.

0:00

1:18

0:20

Actually, I will top it:

3:54

/thread

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Ok, for some reason I can't find a version on Youtube where the opening scream isn't cut off, but the opening falsetto "Metaaaaaaaaaaallllllll!!!!!!!!!!!" on Dream Evil's "The Book of Heavy Metal" deserves a nod for sheer badass absurdity.

Also, that DOES sound more like a raptor than a person. :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,657 Posts
I think what differentiates a shriek or wail from a raptor scream is the melodic content. For example, most Kind Diamond or Halford wails are pitched to fit the harmonic content of the song. This is not the case with Anaal Nathrakh for example.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ripper is a great vocalist, shame he has never been on anything that is really musically inspiring.

5:15ish

Ok, for some reason I can't find a version on Youtube where the opening scream isn't cut off, but the opening falsetto "Metaaaaaaaaaaallllllll!!!!!!!!!!!" on Dream Evil's "The Book of Heavy Metal" deserves a nod for sheer badass absurdity.

Also, that DOES sound more like a raptor than a person. :lol:
I fucking love that song. But it's totally a guilty pleasure, you feel so unclean after listening to it.

If you crave ridiculous falsetto openings, this is always a good one.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think what differentiates a shriek or wail from a raptor scream is the melodic content. For example, most Kind Diamond or Halford wails are pitched to fit the harmonic content of the song. This is not the case with Anaal Nathrakh for example.
Anaal Nathrakh has been getting melodic as shit lately, by Anaal Nathrakh standards.

Of course for those of us truly kvlt, The Codex Necro is still the only worthwhile album.

·
Registered
1 Posts
joining what seems to be an all boys club here but check out big bad wolf by in this moment. At 3:39 this is the most shrill controlled banshee scream I've ever heard recorded.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts