1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I saw that yesterday and was cracking up in a coffee shop :lol:

·
I miss you Avalanche
3,519 Posts
Interesting... didn't know Steelheart played that song live. (Didn't even know Steelheart was still performing :lol:)

The only thing that sounded right about that version though was the vocals. Everything else, the Steel Dragon version is way better :yesway: :metal:

·
I measure things
1,917 Posts
That bassist reminds me of the one who was playing with Mountain when they were opening up for Joe Satriani (in 2009?). He did the same "helicopter" thingy with his hair.

Or is it the same bassist? I have no idea.

·
I measure things
1,917 Posts
Oh, another thing - the bassist with Mountain was also playing a Dean, but it looked like a Razorback bass. That's another reason why I'm wondering if it's the same guy.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
The only thing that sounded right about that version though was the vocals. Everything else, the Steel Dragon version is way better :yesway: :metal:
It was a Steelheart song first, though. They recorded it back in 198Idon'tgiveafuckbecausetheysuck. If you've got Jeff Pilson and Jason Bonham as your rhythm section, of course it's going to sound better. :lol:

·
I miss you Avalanche
3,519 Posts
It was a Steelheart song first, though. They recorded it back in 198Idon'tgiveafuckbecausetheysuck. If you've got Jeff Pilson and Jason Bonham as your rhythm section, of course it's going to sound better. :lol:
Oh yeah? I wasn't aware of that. Thought it was for the movie like all the rest of the songs were written.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts

I cannot say enough bad things about that bassist. Pilson plays that bassline so much better, and all of that guitar wah wanking just needs to get tossed.

·
I miss you Avalanche
3,519 Posts
I cannot say enough bad things about that bassist. Pilson plays that bassline so much better, and all of that guitar wah wanking just needs to get tossed.
That was exactly what I was thinking!! I mean the original riff is so beautiful, that him just hitting random feedback notes ruined the 'feel'

·
18,790 Posts
That bassist reminds me of the one who was playing with Mountain when they were opening up for Joe Satriani (in 2009?). He did the same "helicopter" thingy with his hair.

Or is it the same bassist? I have no idea.
Same guy, according to wikipedia.

...and this video :lol:

He's actually not bad, apparently:
And not an original Steelheart member. He's toured with MSG among others.

·
Not baked anymore.
3,555 Posts
Rockstar came out right when I was really diggin' on Zakk Wylde. I can quote that movie line for line hahaha (I shouldn't admit that).

I just now found out that "We All Die Young" is actually a Steelheart tune that was re-recorded for Rockstar. (According to wiki, anyway).

Here's their version-

I think I saw that bassist at the Dean NAMM jam...it'd make sense, since MSG and Leslie West played that night...

·
Big
272 Posts
Is that journeyman Rev Jones on bass? Sure looks like him. He was in MSG, Forte, Black Symphony, etc. Clearly, dude is a whore, by which I mean, a "working musician."

1 - 20 of 20 Posts