Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Wow, even seeing Brian's comment, the opening to that solo caught me off guard.

I forget, these guys are Slipknot without the masks, right?

·
HAWKS & FUCK SEC!
1,672 Posts
Pretty much...but the only one's in Slipknot are Corey (singer) and Jim (guitarist with Fender). The other ones are in different bands or tech for Slipknot otherwise.

·
I rippity rhymes, da rhymes dat I rip
217 Posts
Liked the songwriting on the first album but the second never really grabbed me. This is a much better effort IMO and it seems as though both Jim Root and Josh Rand have been given free roam on tearing up their fretboards. :metal:

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Love Jim Root. I'm younger than most of you so I did actually love Slipknot, specifically Jim/Corey/Joey. Jim has BRILLIANT legato.

·
I rippity rhymes, da rhymes dat I rip
217 Posts
I'll second that, Jim is brilliant at legato which is why I much prefer his lead work over ****'s. On a side note, am I OLD for liking Slipknot?!

·
Not baked anymore.
3,555 Posts
I'll second that, Jim is brilliant at legato which is why I much prefer his lead work over ****'s. On a side note, am I OLD for liking Slipknot?!
Pretty sure that makes you young here, but old on SS.O.

I definitely want to check out this new album. I love catchy, heavy music. Corey is a fucking monster vocalist. Really, he's the only thing I pay attention to when I listen to Slipknot.

Glad guitar solos have been coming back in recent years, I just wish Mastodon weren't the only dudes who don't feel the need to shred the shit out of every solo.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
The writing, especially the lyrics, didn't really floor me here. But let's just say it's a LONG time since I've been more impressed with the solos than anything else on a radio rock track, so I guess that's ok. :lol:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
The writing, especially the lyrics, didn't really floor me here. But let's just say it's a LONG time since I've been more impressed with the solos than anything else on a radio rock track, so I guess that's ok. :lol:
:agreed:

Was mostly bored throughout the track. But the guitar work was great.

·
Poland CEO / RHLC ©
2,393 Posts
I heard the album when it was available online (could still be :ugh: ) It was cool but I really preferred "Audio Secrecy" - it seemed much heavier...

Oh well, maybe when the second part will be out in 2013 - maybe I'll "get it" then :lol:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts