Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I knew somebody would react like that. Like if changing ones mind is anything wrong.

You shouldn't change ones mind because somebody says something.

Look up all different views, listen, understand, and you will grow as a person. Most people just close their ears, and shout shit at the other side.

Most people are too narrowminded. Both "anti-tonewood nerds" and "pro-tonewood turds". They are kinda like AFA and nazis. They so fucking devoted to their "cause" that they don't want to listen to anybody else. Been there, done that. I've been on BOTH SIDES of the "tonewood debate", since my early 20s.

The thing that can bring people together and make the world a better is simply ROCKING OUT! All this meaningless stuff is a waste of time.

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
Good advice :) I actually had a touring band stay at my house this weekend (Castlefield, from Ottawa), because one of my daughters saw they posted something saying they'd be sleeping in their van otherwise, if anyone could give them a floor and roof. Nice kids, I think the oldest was 21, and it was nice to use all the toys in my music room for a change. And these kids just play, they don't worry about the direction of the headstock or the name on the headstock any of the other nonsense we tend to discuss on occasion. Play, then maybe grab something to eat and play some more :) It does a heart good.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
:wub:

To add... I'd rather see you put out 3 albums of fantastic writing and "good" tone rather than just 1 with "subjectively amazing" tone, anyday!

Tone is in the fingers, but it's also up to the listener, and you can't please everybody. Of course, if the songs suck, no amount of good tone is going to save you. Just look at Dream Theater's last 15 years of albums :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:wub:

To add... I'd rather see you put out 3 albums of fantastic writing and "good" tone rather than just 1 with "subjectively amazing" tone, anyday!

Tone is in the fingers, but it's also up to the listener, and you can't please everybody. Of course, if the songs suck, no amount of good tone is going to save you. Just look at Dream Theater's last 15 years of albums :lol:
I'm recording an album right now and I'm actually quad tracking for the first time (at least for an album, I've tried before but never saw the appeal until recently)

The "bright amp" on each side is my all-time favorite Kemper profile which has become my go-to profile in anything metal related. It works fine on its own, but it's very scooped.
The "dark amp" however, doesn't sound very fun on it's own but works amazingly well to fill out the low-mids missing in the profile above.

We'll see if I go into a obsession mode or not while mixing later. There's always a risk of a "reamping mania" but since Im quad tracking I really hope the tones I've chosen while recording will hold up the next few weeks I'm working on this album :lol:

·
glass enthusiast
1,665 Posts
More importantly, look cool, headbang and do sick stage moves. Long hair and diva behaviour only.

:flex:

·
Safe Spaces Advocate
3,125 Posts
I'm recording an album right now and I'm actually quad tracking for the first time (at least for an album, I've tried before but never saw the appeal until recently)

The "bright amp" on each side is my all-time favorite Kemper profile which has become my go-to profile in anything metal related. It works fine on its own, but it's very scooped.
The "dark amp" however, doesn't sound very fun on it's own but works amazingly well to fill out the low-mids missing in the profile above.

We'll see if I go into a obsession mode or not while mixing later. There's always a risk of a "reamping mania" but since Im quad tracking I really hope the tones I've chosen while recording will hold up the next few weeks I'm working on this album :lol:
What strings are you using?

·
Not baked anymore.
3,555 Posts
Shit, I've taken this to extremes in the last couple of months. I literally just sit in my studio and rock out, don't even touch a guitar.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts