Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Its Nis Pe, bitch!
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^ They were one of the forerunners of the tech-death coming out in the mid-2000s and as far as most bands coming out of that were one of the more tasteful ones (subjective, of course) but were also known for infrequent and long-winded album production cycles. Here's a few tracks for reference:

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Definitely one of the bands that got me into heavier and more technical stuff. Saw them on Summer Slaughter one year and it was amazing, the moshpit just stopped entirelywhenever a solo came up because everyone was rushing to the front of the stage to watch, and every note was flawless. It was a bizarre and awesome experience.

·
Look what I can do
498 Posts
For real though, I didn’t even realize he had material much less a full album done for necrophagist...gonna need him to go ahead and release this.

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
This album will never be able to live up to the hype therefore it can never be released. Shame as it's likely a pretty good album

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
It's especially not getting released now he's seen the shitstorm Tool have just encountered :lol:

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
It's especially not getting released now he's seen the shitstorm Tool have just encountered :lol:
I'm old enough to remember the butthurt over Lateralus. I haven't listened to it yet but I'm sure it's just fine.

Dunno about the Necrophagist disc though. The only thing that would make it bad is if it's half hearted and that's exactly what this situation seems to imply.

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
There are a lot if negative reviews saying its boring and not doing anything new....because clearly a band of guys with an average age if 53 (and that young whippersnapper justin is pulling that way down at 47 years old!) are going to reinvent themselves musically when their previous efforts have been so poorly received.....

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Nice mashup meme mashup going on here :lol:

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
Definitely one of the bands that got me into heavier and more technical stuff. Saw them on Summer Slaughter one year and it was amazing, the moshpit just stopped entirelywhenever a solo came up because everyone was rushing to the front of the stage to watch, and every note was flawless. It was a bizarre and awesome experience.
:agreed: Saw them when Minneman was playing drums for them. It didn't appear to be taxing him. :lol:

1 - 20 of 82 Posts