Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

I recorded this album in my fairly basic home studio at the start of the year (I actually did some guitar tracks on Christmas day and Boxing day to get a head start, so you can really feel the turkey and roast potato influence) using my trusty AxeFX Ultra for all the guitar parts, and a SansAmp for the bass - turned out not too bad, considering lol

While writing it last year, it turned into a concept album which was always going to be a risky move, but it has given us some opportunities to get in-depth with the back-story etc which is kind of interesting if you end up liking the album.

Anyways, here's a little snippet in the form of a trailer:

And in the twelve days running up to the release on August 3rd, we're doing one "story behind the song" video per day, where our singer will give a bit more insight about the overall theme... here's the first two:

It's been over a year since we started writing, and four months since I finished the recording so I'm a little excited that it's almost ready for release. Anyways, I'm a daily reader on here, I just don't post too much - I hope this doesn't come across as spam!

Any and all questions about the recording process, guitars, turkey etc, I'll be delighted to answer.

\m/ Steve \m/

Edit - And now the third one:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Looking forward to this, Steve - thanks!

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Aw hell yes! On a phone right now but will definitely crank these up properly later on! You guys rip!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts