Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is from our performance from last month. I originally wasn't going to upload it because I kept forgetting the lyrics :lol: (As you can tell by my mumbling nonsense), but it instrumentally, we nailed it and the sound on the recording is excellent, so I upped it.

I left some of the dialogue at the beginning and the end because it makes me laugh. At the beginning I'm saying "I wrote this song after I had shot up on a mixture of cocaine, heroin, marijuana, ecstasy, and a lot of other fun stuff. You may think this is a weird song, but if you don't groove to the odd time signatures, I guarantee you'll drop straight to Avici hell." What I say at the end makes no sense unless you know Japanese TV, so I'll refrain from explaining that.

Just uploaded it, so it might not be up to its full glory yet.

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I recognize the word that sounds like "Shee-nay", which means "death", right? :D
Impressive. :yesway: ... where do you learn these things? :lol:

But actually what you're hearing is probably part of the word for "probably" (closest I can guess). If I had said "Shine" (pronounced like "Shee-nay"), that would be the command form of "Die." :lol: Which is very metal, indeed. A very useful Japanese phrase to know.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I am a man of the world sir. Of mystery, if you will.

Edit: You say it around the 12/13 second mark.

I used to get hammered with a japanese exchange student in college, and he taught me it, and a few other metal words. :lol:

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am a man of the world sir. Of mystery, if you will.
That's the key way to explain it to people. Then they just look at you in awe. "H-h-how did he know the word to kill in Japanese, Chinese, Uzbekistanian, Russian, Arabic, and Canadian French? Is he an assassin!?"

Edit: You say it around the 12/13 second mark.
Yesss. :cool: Bingo. That would be the word for "probably."

I used to get hammered with a japanese exchange student in college, and he taught me it, and a few other metal words. :lol:
I used to have kids ask me how to say "shit" and "fuck" in Japanese, but what I really taught them meant "I like boys" or "I'm stupid" or "Potatoes" or anything else like that. :lol: If they'd asked me nicely, I would have told them the correct words, but they weren't nice people.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I don't remember all of them, but they were sayings for things like "you are very pretty" and "can I get you a drink". I nailed a japanese chick because of them, but it is quite possible that she really just liked potatoes.

·
Prague Owlmighty
1,770 Posts
This is br00tal :rocker:

I've seen a lot of videos and songs from aspiring bands for some reason lately, and this one is definitely the winner so far.

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't remember all of them, but they were sayings for things like "you are very pretty" and "can I get you a drink". I nailed a japanese chick because of them, but it is quite possible that she really just liked potatoes.
:lol: Quite possible, but they probably weren't messing with you like I was messing with these other guys. The guys who were asking me curse words in Japanese didn't really strike me as guys who were up to any good. I mean, if a Japanese dude walked up to you and the only English he knew was "Shit," "Fuck you," "Die," "Go to hell," and stuff like that and didn't even know how to say "My name is ____" or "Hello," there'd be... something... wrong. :lol:

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is br00tal :rocker:

I've seen a lot of videos and songs from aspiring bands for some reason lately, and this one is definitely the winner so far.
Thanks, man. Awesome compliment. I just wished more people in Japan felt that way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts