Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I noticed something weird with the volume knob on my JP7. When I turn the knob up, I get some kind of humming noise when the knob is about 60-80% turned up, but when the volume is turned up all the way the hum is gone. I don't think this is ground-related as touching the string does not have any effect on this humming noise. It also only appears on a distorted sound.
Apart from this the volume knob works just fine.
Does anybody have an idea what could be causing this? Could this be a faulty volume knob?

Thanks,
Lars

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
will try the contact cleaner, if that fails I guess I'll replace the potentiometer.
Not sure if I can do this myself, since there is a piezo installed, I think this will make swapping the pot more difficult?

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Shouldn't be a problem. Shoot a bunch of that stuff onto the shaft, spin it around right away until you're satisfied*, then let the guitar sit for ~5m to let all the cleaner evaporate. You should be good to go :yesway:

*:quagmire:

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Shouldn't be a problem. Shoot a bunch of that stuff onto the shaft, spin it around right away until you're satisfied*, then let the guitar sit for ~5m to let all the cleaner evaporate. You should be good to go :yesway:

*:quagmire:
Thanks, dude! will do. gonna get some contact cleaner :yesway:

btw: love that quagmire LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.