Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Tune It Lower
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this on ss.org, but like most "I'ma suggestin' a band no one's ever heard of" threads, it got pretty much ignored over there. I figured I'd put them up here as well. Let the thread die if you so please, I thought they deserved the chance, though: :shrug:

strangeletter

I stumbled across them surfing through the huge pile of Saliva-sounding buttrock shit that was entered into a local band competition (which we entered our joke cybergrind side project, ♥Kankles♥, into) where the winner is to be featured on the soundtrack to some indie film about stripper zombies or similar nonsense, and holy shit they're good. :eek:

If you're like me, and into stuff Chroma Key, OSI, Porcupine Tree, VAST or other similar contemporary prog with a good dose of electronic ambiance... go to CD Baby and acquire their fucking record. It's really quite brilliant. Well worth the price of a large cappuccino, at the very least. :squint:

They've got a lot of old the Genesis, Peter Gabriel prog kinda things going on, plus a heavy dose of old school industrial, new wave, and darkwave stuff as well.

And no, I don't know the band. I've never met them. I'm not shilling for them. In fact, I'm kinda pissed that they're in the same town as us. :lol: Time for The Surfacing to step up our game. :ugh:

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
I'll check them out tonight, if I can. :yesway:

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Thanks dude! Also, apparently pickup threads that don't have "Bareknuckle" or "Blackout" in the subject line get ignored too :roll2:

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
I just had the same reaction as Aaron - ended up shutting off the video after a minute or two, but was MUCH more impressed by the audio clips. Something about the dude's voice doesn't work for me live, I guess... I'm definitely intrigued by the audio, though.

·
Tune It Lower
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
There's a video? :scratch:

Edit: :lol: Nevermind... on their main webpage. Yeah, the live performance does no justice tot he dude's voice, esp. considering that the beginning of 'Message In The Sand' has some serious Bauhaus-vibe going on. I :ugh: at that too as that was the first thing I heard out of them, but its really the only place in the album that he does that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts