Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Force User
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is in the right section but what is the weirdest thing you have done while playing? Mine would be forgetting to breathe and swallow. I've gotten dizzy so many times while playing because I feet so into it. I drooled on my guitar once because I forgot to swallow. So now you all think I'm nuts What is yours?

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
I forgot to breathe too sometimes. I did once go for a piss while playing one of my old bands songs on bass, one handed.

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
I do the drooling thing every so often. :lol:

I've lost track of the weird stuff I've done while playing, best one was probably when I had a brutal, brutal cold (I should not have been near humans in that state) and I had a huge line of snot dangling from my nose. Of course that got caught on camera, but as I had not noticed it, I flicked my head back and threw the (huge) line of snot skywards, where it stuck to the roof and dribbled down onto the crowd.

Metal.

·
with a Shotgun
925 Posts
I do the drooling thing sometimes too, I don't think it's that uncommen, a fruend of mine also did it wheb we had a little ham once.

Sometimes when I'm really concentrated I make this weird moaning noise too. It was a friend who made me aware of that, I had no idea, haha.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I once had, uh, a couple of jack and cokes and fell into my own amp while holding Drew's strat. Does that count? :lol:

·
Where?!
2,632 Posts
I forgot to breathe too sometimes.
I actually have the opposite problem; I keep getting told that I breathe like Darth Vader whenever I play.:lol:

·
Puddin
1,793 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Stupid Motorola Backflip: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; MB300 Build/Blur_Version.3.0.1390.MB300.ATT.en.US Flex/P007) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

I swear when I have difficulties playing something. Not like Tourrette's status or anything but you know. It would bust my professor up when I'd be playing Bach while muttering very quietly "Goddamn you Johan."

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Oh god, I've done the drool thing a couple times. Its pretty embarrassing when someones watching you play and a massive string of saliva falls from you mouth onto your guitar :lol:

·
Grumpy Old Fart
1,025 Posts
I don't know about strange but I've had a hand cramp in my left hand so bad before that the sucker locked up and I had to literally remove it from my guitar with my right hand before it would let loose.

I've played a lot of gigs over the years and I have plenty of horror stories about playing sick though.

The worst was when I worked at a fifth wheel factory hanging side metal skins and it would cut up my hands and fingers so bad that I'd have to super glue all the little cuts shut. One night at a gig, I got a little hot, my hands began sweating more than usual and all the "glue welds" let go and I was bleeding all over my guitar. It was pretty metal. I was VERY sore the next morning.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
In my old band, I used to get right up in the other guitar players face at practice and stare him down while playing, I mean inches away, no blinking. It freaked the shit out of him. I did it to the drummer once too (obviously not as close) and he just laughed.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
One time, on stage, the singer was headbanging during an instrumental section of one of the songs. So i walked over from my side of the stage, got right behind him and started doing pelvic thrusts for a good 20 seconds. :lol: He didnt realize it until he saw a video of the show later. :lol:

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
In my old band, I used to get right up in the other guitar players face at practice and stare him down while playing, I mean inches away, no blinking. It freaked the shit out of him. I did it to the drummer once too (obviously not as close) and he just laughed.
I stare sometimes too its really weird because it will be a good 30 seconds before I realize Im staring because Im just focusing on the music :lol:

·
Bored of boredom
878 Posts
Oh god, I've done the drool thing a couple times. Its pretty embarrassing when someones watching you play and a massive string of saliva falls from you mouth onto your guitar :lol:
I do this several times, and Gibson-sg friend buddy guy freaks out about my drooling on his guitar when he see's me drool on mine. :lol:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts