Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Where?!
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's good?

Bear in mind that this is for classical-style guitar rather than flamenco, so I'm probably not after a super-high tension set.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Wirelessly posted

D'addario? I imagine the good steel and acoustic string guys make good nylons too.

·
Mr. Oni Guitars
1,366 Posts
I like D'Addario and Hannabach. Hannabach have a wide choice of tensions. Nylon string guitars can be very sensitive to strings so what you like on one guitar might sound like crap on another.

·
M3 Aficionado
1,278 Posts
I like D'Addario and Hannabach. Hannabach have a wide choice of tensions. Nylon string guitars can be very sensitive to strings so what you like on one guitar might sound like crap on another.
+1 for Hannabach. We use their fractional series on my daughter's 1/4-sized Classical. The tone on all strings are really good, and the tension is more evenly matched than I'm used to with an off-the-shelf set of strings. The set we use has a wound G (I'd rather not have a wound G on her Classical), but it sounds and plays so much better on the short scale than any of the hard or extra hard plain G-strings we've tried.

Ray

·
Where?!
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice one guys.:) I'll give the Hannabach strings a try when I do an order this week.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts